Author Topic: Dallas's Shindig in October  (Read 34493 times)

Offline NJT5047

Re: Dallas's Shindig in October
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2006, 06:00:31 PM »
YO YO YO DALLAS!! 
  I want the same (or close by) campsite.  I will send money now.  I got a feeling that there's gonna be buses in the field.   I ain't camping with that critter that stands guard by the entrance.   Wake up after a night of consuming see Mr. Tyrannasaurus, or whatever,  and I'd be "DRT"....(old Paramedic term: Dead Right There). 
Sounds like BIG FUN again!   I'll see if Anita and John B will be available  (I don't know about the quality of the entertainment, but you can't beat the price!)...
Looks like the subject line has changed?  Cool.  I believe we hijacked Mr. Knuckle's thread?
I notice that Cliffs not being truthful about the height of his bus....Cliff, post a side view of your bus and lets have another look!  No way 12' and some change.   ;)
BTW, talking about left-handed fiddle playes (if that was the reference) look no further than Mollie Cherryholmes.  She's as good as it gets and plays left handed.  Check out Cherryholmes Band.  She and her brother are the best fiddlers/violinists going at this time.
Cheerio guys and girls, JR

We're Going to Dallas' and Cat's Party TOO!!    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2006, 05:03:13 AM »
Yeah, and CiaLee can really play that banjo.  They a great famiily as well as greeat performers.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2006, 06:03:43 AM »
Hey Ya'll I don't mind ya hi-jacking my thread at all! If I hadn't been so busy yesterday when I saw the mention of it I'd told ys go ahead! I was swamped yesterday had the tire guy out here  mounting 8 new tires and swapping steers back to the tags and some on the spare rims, phones ringin off the hook had a lady call need'n a quote "right now" for a trip in September, then she calls back wanting 9 quotes for a college sports team and "I need that before 5 please" at 4:45! We'd had a storm the night before and it took out one of our computers and the only multi function fax/printer/ scanner! Agghh what a way to start the holiday weekend! Oh well tires are mounted and as soon as I get these 40 wheel studs changed # 707 will be rollin' out with aluminum wheels and all new tires when it heads out for New York City Monday morning! I just hope they don't get stolen while he's up there! LOL! Well I need to get back to work! Oh yeah guys if I do make it to the shindig I'll probably have 45-49 senior citizens, grade school kids, or a sports team with me so make sure theres plenty of food and a nice place for them to roll out their sleeping bags! LOL See Ya! :) ;) :D ;D 8) Knucklle 8) ;D :D ;) :)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Dallas

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2006, 07:20:57 AM »
Hey Ya'll I don't mind ya hi-jacking my thread at all! If I hadn't been so busy yesterday when I saw the mention of it I'd told ys go ahead! I was swamped yesterday had the tire guy out here  mounting 8 new tires and swapping steers back to the tags and some on the spare rims, phones ringin off the hook had a lady call need'n a quote "right now" for a trip in September, then she calls back wanting 9 quotes for a college sports team and "I need that before 5 please" at 4:45! We'd had a storm the night before and it took out one of our computers and the only multi function fax/printer/ scanner! Agghh what a way to start the holiday weekend! Oh well tires are mounted and as soon as I get these 40 wheel studs changed # 707 will be rollin' out with aluminum wheels and all new tires when it heads out for New York City Monday morning! I just hope they don't get stolen while he's up there! LOL! Well I need to get back to work! Oh yeah guys if I do make it to the shindig I'll probably have 45-49 senior citizens, grade school kids, or a sports team with me so make sure theres plenty of food and a nice place for them to roll out their sleeping bags! LOL See Ya! :) ;) :D ;D 8) Knucklle 8) ;D :D ;) :)

We can always put 'em out by the Dinosaur!

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 11:02:57 AM »
Yeah, and CiaLee can really play that banjo. They a great famiily as well as greeat performers. Jack

Yep.  They are also bus-nuts...Jerry is anyway.  He still has a GM4104 (I believe it was a 4104..definitely an early  GM) that they lived in when on the road...although Nashville Coach has loaned ("loaned" being an acronym for $4K per month?) the group a 45' Prevost to use.  That must be painful! 
We'll see Cherryholmes again in two weeks at "Big Lick" festival near Oakboro, NC.  That'll be another bus'n weekend.   Cherryholmes will also be at Fleetwood Resort for the Fastgrass Festival in Charlotte the weekend before the FMCA rally (second weekend in August)...same place.  They'll run all the music folk out and herd the RV people in.   We're headed to Mt. Airy next weekend for a mini Galax.  Only problem with Mt. Airy, and any other free-for-all non-campground event, is that once parked in a bus, you ain't leaving until all the others around have cleared out.  Have pity on the guy that sets a tent next to my exhaust... once I can get out on Sunday.

Cheers, JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Dallas

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2006, 08:41:23 AM »
OCTOBER 5TH THROUGH OCTOBER 8TH. TIMMONSVILLE, SOUTH CAROLINA. BE THERE OR WE'LL TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW THAT YOU DRIVE THE CLAMPETT CAR![/i][/b]

There isn't any info on the website yet, but we hope to put it up soon!

Dallas

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2006, 08:22:38 AM »
OCTOBER 5TH THROUGH OCTOBER 8TH. TIMMONSVILLE, SOUTH CAROLINA. BE THERE OR WE'LL TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW THAT YOU DRIVE THE CLAMPETT CAR![/i][/b]

There isn't any info on the website yet, but we hope to put it up soon!

Dallas

I just entered some data for Dallas in the calender section for his review, modification and approval.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2006, 09:17:36 AM »
Information has been posted in the calender area.

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Dallas

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2006, 11:53:28 PM »
Hey All!
If your planning on joining us at Timmonsville, SC. October 5th - 8th, get all of your spare stuff together and bring it along so we can have a swap meet!

I'll have some stuff out, to trade or whatever and think it would be a great opportunity to make a stategic redistribution of assets!

We're still looking for more early registrations! All the 50A setups are gone, better hurry and get a 30!

information at:

http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2006, 12:50:09 PM »
Hi Dallas,
Can you link the photos from the first Timmonsville event to your Timmonsville website?  Gary took a $**tload of great pix that could give a "feel" for the event.  I've forgotten where they are posted??  ???
The campground has great access less than a minute off of I-95, easy bus parking, it's relatively level, all weather (this we proved),  and there's neat T Rex guarding the entrance so the evil doers cannot invade the event.
I got some Rotella T 40 wt (2 stroke oil..not for 4 strokes)  that I'm a little "overstocked" with.  If any interest, I'll bring 5 or 6 cases.  I inadvertantly bought 12 cases of the stuff a couple years ago.  There's 6 gallons in each case....I was thinking about 4 gallons per case when ordering...duh.  Even that would have been major overkill.   I figure that I can change the oil for about the next 25 years plus or minus a year with what I have! 
Gary, where's those pix from Timmonsville?
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Dallas

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2006, 01:07:47 PM »
Hi Dallas,
Can you link the photos from the first Timmonsville event to your Timmonsville website?  Gary took a $**tload of great pix that could give a "feel" for the event.  I've forgotten where they are posted??  ???
The campground has great access less than a minute off of I-95, easy bus parking, it's relatively level, all weather (this we proved),  and there's neat T Rex guarding the entrance so the evil doers cannot invade the event.
I got some Rotella T 40 wt (2 stroke oil..not for 4 strokes)  that I'm a little "overstocked" with.  If any interest, I'll bring 5 or 6 cases.  I inadvertantly bought 12 cases of the stuff a couple years ago.  There's 6 gallons in each case....I was thinking about 4 gallons per case when ordering...duh.  Even that would have been major overkill.   I figure that I can change the oil for about the next 25 years plus or minus a year with what I have! 
Gary, where's those pix from Timmonsville?
Cheers, JR

Sure JR!

No Problem. I'll link those tonight after the cooling effects of the adult beverages!

Dallas

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal