Author Topic: Supreme court Justice Clarence Thomas  (Read 4545 times)

Offline mandolinplucker

Supreme court Justice Clarence Thomas
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:26:46 PM »
Today Rush Limbaugh interviewed Justice Thomas and mentioned His motor home. Thomas was quick to correct him. He said it wasn't an RV or a motor home It was a " motor coach". He said that people that he would rather spend time with were those that he met in campgrounds. Does anyone know anything about what kind of conversion he has?

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
Re: Supreme court Justice Clarence Thomas
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:28:25 PM »
Look down the list of topics. That was discussed earlier today...

Prevost.
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline mandolinplucker

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 08:35:38 PM »
Sorry, I read the other post after I posted this one.

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 09:05:06 PM »
That happens. Nothing to be sorry about. It wasn't an obvious topic, either, so could have been easily missed.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Songman

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 10:32:03 AM »
Excerpts from Thomas' new book, My Grandfather’s Son: A Memoir

When he said he enjoyed traveling across country in an RV-style bus, I asked him if he ever gets recognized by truckers?

“The short answer is rarely.” Then he proceeded to tell some stories.

While driving his massive bus (and towing a Corvette behind), he stopped at a Flying J truck stop in Georgia. An intense black truck driver approached him. “Is there anyone famous on that bus?”

“No, it is just me.”

Oh, he said and walked off. A few minutes later, the man came back. “Are you sure that there isn’t anybody famous on that bus?”

“No, only me.”

Not taking the hint, the man insisted that Thomas take his card and give it to his famous passenger.

The Justice nonchalantly pocketed his card.

A little more on Thomas' Prevost from another source:

Later I did a little more searching on this topic. Here's what the Washington Post wrote in a biographical article about Thomas: "Now that the court is out of session, Thomas has taken to the road in his 40-foot custom-built motor coach. With its plush leather furniture, satellite television and onboard galley, the 1992 bus is a 'condo on wheels,' as Thomas once described it. 'When he's out on the road in his bus,' says one close friend, 'it's like he's off the record with himself.' He'll pull into a Wal-Mart parking lot, cap on, sometimes unrecognizable in middle America. Polishing the bus with a rag, he'll engage folks in conversation about different waxes and oils, and drink lemonade. The homey atmosphere at RV parks and campgrounds—not to mention the anonymity he enjoys—is a welcome respite, he tells friends." Yeah, I can understand that...especially since the article goes on the explain that Justice Thomas has been bitterly reviled and ostracized by many white and most black Americans for his ultra-conservative Supreme Court decisions.

By the way, Thomas's coach isn't just a Prevost—that would be too commonplace. It's a Marathon: an individual, custom conversion of a Prevost coach. I guess the Supremes get paid pretty well. Or maybe it's the speaking fees...?

Looks like ole Clarence hasn't done too bad for himself. A 1992 Marathon pulling a Corvette!

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »
God Bless him

What he's been through and put up with he deserves it and more

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal