Author Topic: Just courious...Any members around Pittsburgh PA?  (Read 3703 times)

Offline 86neoplan

• My Little Bus
Just courious...Any members around Pittsburgh PA?
« on: May 24, 2006, 02:41:13 AM »
Good Morning!

I was just courious to know if there were any members around the Pittsburgh area?

Thanks

Shawn
Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...

Offline Casper4104

• My site - no bus pics yet.
Re: Just courious...Any members around Pittsburgh PA?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:41:03 AM »
I'm 3 hours southwest of Pittsburgh in Marietta OH.

Funny, before I got into Bussin' I thought 3 hours was a pretty good trip.

What's up?  Wanna plan a mini-rally or something?

Casper4104
If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 05:43:09 AM »
I'm 3 hours southwest of Pittsburgh in Marietta OH.

Funny, before I got into Bussin' I thought 3 hours was a pretty good trip.

What's up?  Wanna plan a mini-rally or something?

Casper4104

Do not know whether you are aware of it or not, but there was a rally in Marietta last summer during the paddle wheel? boat regatta.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Casper4104

• My site - no bus pics yet.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 08:57:36 AM »
Hi Richard,

Yes, I heard a little something about it.  It's a fun weekend if you like crowds and noise, but the musical entertainment is usually quite good.  We've had Molly Hatchett, 38 Special, Blackhawk (they were great), Sammy Kershaw came last year...  The sternwheelers are interesting - and the guys who build and run them are even more interesting.  The sternwheel races are cool.  You'd think it'd be like watching paint dry, or maybe like watching two 4104's drag racing,,, uphill - but actually it's kinda neat.

The festival is always the weekend after Labor Day, so this year I think it's September 9-10-11.  Here's a link:

http://www.mariettaohio.org/sternwheel

For my money, I prefer the Riverfront Roar - held the weekend of July 7-8-9.  Big time Hydroplane racing - big time fun.

I wanted a bigboy hobby/toy, and I was torn between bussin' and building a large boat (I've built several small boats).  I realized that with the boat in this area you basically have two choices - you can go up the river, or you can go down the river.  With the bus you can go almost anywhere.

If anybody's coming and I can help with arrangements, tour guide services, local secrets (I know where the really good food is) or whatever, shoot me an Email.

Casper4104

(P.S.,  how's thing in Spencer?)
If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal