Author Topic: Inverter/Battery Questions  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
Re: Inverter/Battery Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 05:14:04 PM »

Too late,
[/quote]
>
OHHH  NOOO
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

Offline Tony LEE

• Photo Albums
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 05:24:30 PM »
belfert, what system are you using to charge up your batteries?

Mind you, a mains fridge is probably dragging 15 amps at 12v so you can't expect the battery to supply that forever.

belfert

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 01:12:48 AM »
belfert, what system are you using to charge up your batteries?

Mind you, a mains fridge is probably dragging 15 amps at 12v so you can't expect the battery to supply that forever.

I have a Prosine 3000 inverter that has a three stage charger built-in.  I was hoping for at least a full day with eight 6 volt batteries, but it isn't working out I guess.  My old travel trailer would easily go 24 hours on two 6 volt batteries, but the frig was propane and I had no inverter.  I would rather have a compressor fridge and deal with batteries than go back to an absorbation fridge.  I just run the generator when the batteries get low.

The inverter does have an auto shutdown, but it came disabled and I never enabled it.  That probably doesn't help my power draw, but it seemed like we had radios and other small things plugged in all day long anyhow.

captain ron

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 10:17:49 AM »
When I first got my used AGM's 3 1/2 years ago that several people said I was waisting my time with, they would operate my 22X48 inch (don't know the cubic ft.) Frigdaire refrigerator use of my electric hogging halogen light bars, use of microwave and coffee maker for 4 1/2 days. Originally I thought I was abusing my batteries by discharging them all the way down but just found out my cheap 5000 watt Aims inverter that I was also advised against has a low voltage shut off that will shut off at just above 12 volts. So it has done me great.

I have been rearranging that bay to accommodate all of my new goodies. To get as much use and convenience out of that space I am mounting my big smart charger permanently to the wall or battery rack. Do you think it will be a good idea to cut the clamps off the ends of the cables and put connectors on for a permanent hookup to my house bank. I was told by an electrician that if I leave cables hooked up they would drain my batteries. I will also have a separate battery bank (2 new AGM's) hooked up to my UPS for my printer and use my small smart charger for that bank. I'll post some pictures soon of my new bay setup.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal