Author Topic: Radiator Mist Cooling System  (Read 40532 times)

Burgermeister

Re: Radiator Mist Cooling System
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 07:37:27 PM »
Aaaaaaauuuggghhh!

After you attended the "All you never wanted to know about Cooling Systems and were afraid to Ask" seminar?

What didn't I communicate?

Onward and Upward

Marc Bourget

Offline Happycampersrus

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2006, 04:27:41 AM »
Marc,

Did you ever find the water pump you are looking for???

Dale

Burgermeister

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2006, 09:11:03 AM »
No, I haven't.   I need to do further research.  I understand that there's a different rotation/configuration of one pump used to reverse the "standard" direction of coolant flow - from "block to heads" to from "heads to block".  The brief explanation was flow reversal, which I understood could be obtained from a LH engine, more particularly a LH marine engine.

Now have to dig deeper!

Thanks for asking

Offline Happycampersrus

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2006, 09:24:52 AM »
Marc,

Thought I was on to something, but it turned out a dead. :-\  It has to a marine application, I just haven't found it yet.

I'll keep looking as I am very interested in this idea. I believe "heads to block" could be interesting.

Dale

Burgermeister

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2006, 09:34:29 AM »
It's more than "interesting"  it is the best cooling config developed for the DD 2 strokes.  Used in Military applications.  I'll be working up the mods for my 8V92. 

The mods will go a long way towards remedying MCI's failure to design their cooling system to DD specs (if not eliminate it)

Offline busboy

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »
When I was having radiator cooling problems I set out to build a mister system which I did.  I found some brass misters at Home Depot that are used for porch mist systems.  I used 3/8 copper tubing to plumb them together...did this because I had to route the water from the rear half bath thru the engine compartment(Hot).  I have 5 misters.  Used a manual ball valve which one of the kids can turn on from the rear restroom.  Have not used it since I got a new radiator.  When I did use it, I did notice that some water that we took on left lots of deposits, most of which I could spray off before I left to get back on the road the next day.  On a typical day of driving I would use about 20-25 gallons of water.
Happy Trails,
Brent

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal