Author Topic: sanitation vent  (Read 11155 times)

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
sanitation vent
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:20:01 PM »
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=26177 .
I put on one of these today. I'm still having trouble resizing my pictures ???
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
Re: sanitation vent
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 07:04:29 PM »
I think it kind of looks like a 59 Cadillac convertible 8)
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.

Offline Paso One

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 06:44:16 AM »
a friend has one he likes it just fine.
68 5303 Fishbowl 40'x102" 6V92 V730 PS, Air shift  4:10 rear axle. ( all added )
1973 MC-5B 8V71 4 speed manual
1970 MC-5A  8V71 4 speed manual
1988 MCI 102 A3 8V92T  4 speed manual (mechanical)
1996 MCI 102 D3 C10  Cat engine 7 speed manual  (destined to be a tiny home )

Offline Merlin

• Run away before the kids come back home.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:47:59 AM »
How is it attached to the roof?  Does it come with a seal gasket?  Will it fit over a 2" PVC vent pipe?  Looks like a shark fin, but has to be better than the vent I now have that looks like it came off of the Titanic.
Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.

Offline TomC

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 08:33:14 AM »
Personally-I think that looks hideous.  CampingWorld also has a venturi vent that looks like a short horizontal pipe.  Although it doesn't rotate, it is much less pronounced looking on the roof.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Denny

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 08:42:56 AM »
I have the horizontal pipe type and it works really good.  Before with the straight pipe when flushing while traveling it seemed to puff inside a little bit now it sucks when flushing.  Also no smells when traveling.

Denny

Offline Merlin

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 09:01:40 AM »
Thoughout the years of my conversion effort, I've encountered a good bit of advice about venting the waste tank(s).  Most agree a roof vent is the solution for odors, but I was wondering if anyone has tackled the problem with an in-line axial fan to pull the odors out.  Of course this would have to be running when the toiliet is flushing, but I wonder if other than that time, the powered vent would be needed?  If the powered vent fan were successful, then a hole in the roof may not be necessary.  Maybe the vent fan would put too much negative pressure on the tank and suck some drain traps dry.  Of course the waste tank could additionally be fitted with a one-way suction breaker vent to allow air in but not out.

Since I already have a hole in the roof with a vent line, I likely will keep the same arrangement.  Just food for discussion ... about the powered vent thingy.
Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 06:11:43 PM »
How is it attached to the roof?  Does it come with a seal gasket?  Will it fit over a 2" PVC vent pipe?  Looks like a shark fin, but has to be better than the vent I now have that looks like it came off of the Titanic.
Merlin
It fits over a 1-1/2" pipe, and can be screwed or glued. They suggest an adapter for larger pipes, I think that would look like well you know.
I cut this one doen about 3". That helped with the looks.
Right now with the bus just sitting in my yard the vent is like a wind sock , its moving all around.
Its going to be interesting to see if it ripps off in a strong cross wind cruising down the highway at 70-80 mph and coming out past a sound barrier?
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.

Offline Merlin

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 04:42:07 PM »
By cutting it down, do you mean the shark fin got a trim?  Good to know it spins freely when the bus is not moving.  I was wondering since most roof vents are on a slight slope on the roof, if the thing would just seek the low point and stay there like a farm gate on a slanted post.

Guess this is all for naught however.  My vent pipe is 2", and I don't think sticking on an adapter that would raise the spinning vent even higher would look cool at all.

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »
By cutting it down I mean, The base is like a 1-1/2” coupling that is 4” long, I cut it down to 1”.
Yes it spins like a weather vane.
I may have made a mistake because I glued it on and if it breaks off I only have 1” of 1-1/2” pipe to play with. If I can get the coupling off???
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 08:49:46 PM »
Also

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal