Author Topic: Getting the bus to the mechanic...  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Calumet

Getting the bus to the mechanic...
« on: November 29, 2007, 03:21:50 PM »
Hi,

Any suggestions on how to get a bus moved 20 miles to the mechanic.  I found a shop that will do an inspection but they can't pick up or deliver due to insurance.  I understand the bus is driveable.

Thanks!

Offline Marcus

Re: Getting the bus to the mechanic...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 03:59:38 PM »
Ask your insurance company to do a binder just for that trip. Shouldn't cost much. I have done that . Marc

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 06:30:32 AM »
Does the current owner want to sell it?

Have him deliver it to the mechanic.

Make sure he understands you are responsible only for paying the mechanic. He's responsible for getting the bus there and back.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline mak

• Southern California location
    • www.motorcabin.com
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:45:47 AM »
Where is the bus located? What type of bus? If in Southern CA, I know Transportation Highway Services does road call inspections. It's around $200 plus travel. When people request it for buses, that's where I send them, regardless of who they buy a bus from. He's really good, honest, and fair.
PS Buy the way, I have a bus for sale..... as always
I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)

Offline Calumet

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 06:58:35 AM »
Hello,

The bus is in Riverside CA east of LA.
The seller is a charity - the bus was delivered by the donor to their storage area and auctioned (I "won") so they've only fired it up to move it around the lot to take pictures and aren't comforatable driving it over the road so I was looking for someone to drive it.  Mike, thanks for the tip - do you have a number for your mobile mechanic?  That may be the best bet - have him go and do the check at the site - I just want to know it runs, the hoses and belts are good - etc. for the trip before I fly out to drive it back.
Mike, regarding your bus for sale I almost bought that neoplan double decker you had years back - but then you decided not to sell it.  Whatever happened to that bus?  I ended up buying an old MC7 - had great fun but realized I wanted a newer bus so I sold the 7.  Now I've got this Calumet.  I jumped on it because it had the two slides, levelors, generator, and electronics already.

Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal