Author Topic: Bluegrass music pikin  (Read 16952 times)

Dallas

Re: Bluegrass music pikin
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2007, 08:32:32 PM »

Michal, there's a sort of "rescue" board that you should become familiar with.  You'll find locations of busnuts that can offer assistance of varying forms.   Local knowledge can be sooo useful at times.
You could just get Dallas' phone number.  He's a good "clearing house" for information.   You need to have some Eagle owners numbers for quicky info on common failures.   I have some knowledge about MC9s, but that won't help you much.
Dallas!!!  What's that internet emergency network called? 

Best, JR   Wishing I was in Florida getting ready for Arcadia!!!  JR's sad now.  :-\

JR, and Michal, The Help Assist List is proudly owned and operated by Dave Siegel.
It's located at http://www.cruiser-magazine.com/Help_assist_data_base.html

which also reminds me, my address and phone number are out of date there. I'll see if I can get Dave to update it tomorrow.

In the meantime, Cat and I and the kitties are starting on our "around the world tour" one tank of fuel at a time. We are leaving out tomorrow morning for wherever the GPS points us and will go until we run out of fuel or find a place we want to visit for awhile.

If you need me, I can be reached at Ate for three X fore 9 six X Nine Won Seben Six.

Use 40Wt CF-2 rated motor oil ONLY in you engine. If you don't you'll cause a lot of un-needed wear aside from the massive amounts of oil you'll pour out of the engine as you go down the road.

Oils that meet the CF-2 requirements can be found at: http://eolcs.api.org/FindBrandByServiceCategory.asp?ServiceCategory=CF-2

the reasons behind using only CF-2 engine lubricant are available as a download at the Detroit Diesel website. Look for Article 7SE720

http://www.detroitdiesel.com/support/on-highway/manuals/Lubricants_Fuels_Coolants/OilFuelFilterBulletin_7SE270_010307.pdf

Good Luck,

Dallas

Offline Glenn MC9

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2007, 03:27:23 AM »
Below are a couple of good links for bluegrass music here in the south.

Georgia: http://atlantabluegrasshappenings.com/

South Carolina: http://www.lastroadbluegrass.com/Bluegrass_Happenings.htm

Glenn
1984 MCI-9 (Jersey Cruiser)
6V92-TA/Alison 740
Tallulah Falls, Ga.
www.tlmmusic.com.

Everywhere I go.....there I am.

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2007, 05:49:29 PM »
Thanks Dallas!   That's one of the sites I was thinking about.   The other was the "Frapper" thing?  Is that still functional?   I'll have to see what works.  No problem now that I have your new phone number...!  ;D
Good information when traveling in a bus. 
You're not really taking of in the middle of winter??   :o    If you do, and that GPS heads this way, stop by!  See ya'll one way or another...somewhere! 
My GPS is reading Arcadia...but T seems to have Charlotte as the New Year's destination .  Since she's got all the money and all the....ummm, you get the picture.
Cheers, JR   8)

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Dallas

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2007, 06:15:42 PM »
Yup, it was frappr! The Mak Busnut map!

http://www.frappr.com/makbusnuts

Maybe we can add some more pins and pictures to it now.

Dallas

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 05:48:08 PM »
Charles, are you the Charles F. BBQ guy with the fishbowl with 'skirts? 
If so, where's the next BBQ?  Ya'll got good BBQ!   If you really are the Charles F,  let me know where ya'll are going to be selling BBQ.
BTW, I play a lot of old time music. Lot of country and bluegrass too. 
WILL PICK FOR BBQ!!!JR

jr, I fixed your colors - DF
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 05:58:09 PM »
Charles, are you the Charles F. BBQ guy with the fishbowl with 'skirts? 
If so, where's the next BBQ?  Ya'll got good BBQ!   If you really are the Charles F,  let me know where ya'll are going to be selling BBQ.
BTW, I play a lot of old time music. Lot of country and bluegrass too. 
WILL PICK FOR BBQ!!!JR

I'll second that,

and if your an imposter,  do you still have info of Good BBQ and Bluegrass ;D
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline rgrauto

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »
GlennMc9     Glenn  the last time I talked to you, y'all had the engine out of the Mci9 and was using the 4104 to transport your Bluegrass Gospel  band to engagements . Did you get the eng. back in the 9?. A while back I thought I met you in the 4104, but I don't remember where. I sold my 4104 ( if he will finish  paying me) , but I still have the 5a mci.  I hope I'll get to hear y'all sing soon.     Keep pikin,  Glen Demorest Ga.

Offline Charles in SC

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2007, 09:30:34 PM »
That is me guys. The fish bowl with the fender skirts. The next bbq will be at the Exchange Park in Ladson Sc in march. I am a whole lot better at bbq than pikin but it is still fun. I would love to get with some other pikers that could gulde me into being able to play with a group.
S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 10:22:35 PM »
That is me guys. The fish bowl with the fender skirts. The next bbq will be at the Exchange Park in Ladson Sc in march. I am a whole lot better at bbq than pikin but it is still fun. I would love to get with some other pikers that could gulde me into being able to play with a group.

On Monday Eve at Owings,  there are free type lessons,  kinda improptu,  you just have to ask what you want and there may be somebody to help.  Mostly you just have to want too.  and there should be some jam sessions.  you can even get up there or sit in with a band on sat night too.  a good opurtunity if your interested
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline michal

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2008, 07:10:33 AM »
  Hey Guys- Thanks for all the info- Thanks for the invite to stay at your place in The Carolina's. Mighty nice of ya,some day I'd like to take you up on that one.Charley anytime you want to hook up with us on our down days I'll trade lessons for bbq anytime!!!!  ...It is the lp furnace I'm speaking of,and I'm sure it's the furnace itself cause it's kicking off the carbon detector without the geny or the 8v71 running.So for now were purley electric heat. I'm leavin this morning ( after I spend the next couple of hours digging the bus outta the snow!!) to head South. Planning on driving to Dalton.Ga. tonight,to Live Oak (suawannee music park-good spot for you bluegrass enthusiasts) . Should be there wednesday night.Staying there till FridaY when we will head to St. Simons Island Georgia for a gig.I got wifi so I will try to post and keep ya'll updated on our adventures in the sun.My Eagles Excited.So's my road dog. and so am I!  See ya'll on the road,and Happy New Year!!!!!!,

Michal Bailey

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal