Author Topic: O/T - Milad Majid!  (Read 2607 times)

Songman

O/T - Milad Majid!
« on: December 22, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »
or for you non-Arabic speakers...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

because Marie and I are about to go get on a plane for Egypt and we'll be in Cairo on Christmas Eve. Since I won't be here I just wanted to wish all my bus nut friends and early Merry Christmas and we'll talk again after our return.

I'll take pictures of the Egyptian buses!

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
Re: O/T - Milad Majid!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »
Have Fun over there!

And Merry Christmas to both of You.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Dallas

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »
Hmm, I thought it was more like:

"I'D Miilad Said ous Sana Saida"

Nonetheless, We know the sentiment and wish you and yours a safe trip, fresh winds and fair skies.

Thanks for being a part of our little group.

Sal-e no mubarak (Farsi)

or Mele Kalikimaka (Hawaiian)

Offline gomer

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 07:53:16 PM »
what he say??   Ya wana put that thar in english so we can interrogat thu thang?? ??? ;D
gmer
as you slid down the banister of life,may the splnters point the other way
TRUST IN GOD ALWAYS. riverjordanmusic@aim.com
Gomer

Offline Hi yo silver

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »
Hey, I'm still workin' on Felis navidad!
Dennis
Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten

Songman

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 04:37:33 AM »
Well, whadya know! They have broadband at the hotel in Cairo! So Merry Christmas. It's 1:30 in the afternoon here on Christmas day. Been out doing a little site seeing this morning. We were surprised to find Christmas decorations everywhere and people telling us Merry Christmas. Of course that is just for the tourists since this is a Muslim country, but we still like it.

No pictures of buses yet but we did ride from the airport on a Setra S411. Hopefully I can take some pictures of different buses later. The traffic is nuts here! I am glad I ain't driving! They seem to blow the horns around here instead of using blinkers. As a matter of fact, they seem to blow the horn instead of everything else!

Anyway, I hope Santa is good to everyone tonight.. And remember the real reason for the season. And Dallas, 'I'D Miilad Said ous Sana Saida' means Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Milad Majid just means Merry Christmas. But I hope you all have a Happy New Year as well.  :)

Dallas

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 04:44:43 AM »
Thanks, Dale and a Very Merry Christmas along with a Super Happy New Year, no matter what language it's in!

Have a great vacation and a safe trip home. We'll be expecting to see that old Eagle out on the road soon after you get back because by then you'll be well rested and ready to work on it.

Dallas