Author Topic: Life gets in the way of working on the bus  (Read 1222 times)

maria-n-skip

Life gets in the way of working on the bus
« on: December 24, 2007, 07:27:41 AM »
When I am under a lot of stress I get very quiet. With Christmas upon us I am slowly getting there. Ho Ho Ho
Merry Christmas....And all the blessings that have happened this year.

The developer next to me tried to get me fired (long story and still not over) so I have not enjoyed some of
the major blessing or had time to work on the bus.

Best present ever my youngest daughter gave birth to Leila Maya Friday 12-21 at 2:30. All healthy and my son-n-law
still is walking 3 feet off the ground. Their first.

May your blessing be bountiful and the wolves kept at bay.
Merry Christmas
Skip

Offline bubbaqgal

Re: Life gets in the way of working on the bus
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:45:26 AM »
Congratulations Gramps!!  How far off the ground are your feet?
We know what you mean about life getting in the way.  We consider ourselves blessed because we have our bus and we have family and friends.  Food, electric and fuel are just incidentals that you can do without.  LOL
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 08:14:50 AM »
When I am under a lot of stress I get very quiet. With Christmas upon us I am slowly getting there. Ho Ho Ho
Merry Christmas....And all the blessings that have happened this year.

The developer next to me tried to get me fired (long story and still not over) so I have not enjoyed some of
the major blessing or had time to work on the bus.

Best present ever my youngest daughter gave birth to Leila Maya Friday 12-21 at 2:30. All healthy and my son-n-law
still is walking 3 feet off the ground. Their first.

May your blessing be bountiful and the wolves kept at bay.
Merry Christmas
Skip
Congratulations Grandpa!!!!!!!!!!!

And I just found out that I will have a new great grand child next August. Since we already have two boys 4 and 5, I am hoping for a little girl, but will be happy with either.

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

maria-n-skip

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »
Thanks

Richard "great grand child" #3? that is so wonderful to be able to watch 3 generations make their way through life.

So now there are many new busnuts for you to mentor and help. JUST in your own family :)

For now my oldest and her husband live with us. So baby Eva (13 months) is my sunshine for each day. In another
 3 months or so she can start helping me with the bus. I've always included the kids in with what ever I was doing.
 For that both daughters are better welders and mechanics than their husbands :) (probably better welders than me)

Skip

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
Skip,

Merry Christmas and Congratulations on the new Grandbaby.

Probably, like You, if the bus was the only thing I had to deal with it would be completed already.

But all that stuff called "Your Life" gets in the way sometimes  :-\  ;)

Well both get done, someday!

Best of the Holidays to You and Yours

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 01:49:26 PM »
I went through the same thing one year ago on the 21st, my fifth grandbaby. We were able to see him last week, real good looking boy, kinda like his grandpa.  ::)

It is a good feeling to see your grandchildren grow up, just wish we lived closer to them all. We have some in AZ and CA.

Merry Christmas to You and Yours,

Paul