Author Topic: Help!...... Flx Exploded in Rock Hill South Carolina  (Read 14174 times)

Dallas

Help!...... Flx Exploded in Rock Hill South Carolina
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:13:28 AM »
OK, all you wonderful people!
Meinhart Lagies was taking his Flex Metro home from my place yesterday and as he was passing passing Rock Hill heard a "GIANT Explosion" and sparks and "Stuff" started coming out from under his coach.
He has it parked at a local Exxon Station and says that the air bags are down on the front and rear left side. He also states that the left torsion bar is laying on the ground.
This probably isn't a good thing.
What he needs is for some one knowledgeable in the Charlotte NC / Rock Hill SC area to help him find a shop that will be able to fix his little problem.
If you can help, Please call him at:

I've already called Luke and gotten a number from him for NC Trans. Assoc.
I also called Bryce and got some numbers from him.
And I called JR for his helpfulness.

Thanks So Much in advance!
Dallas

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Re: Help!...... Flx Exploded in Rock Hill South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:26:58 AM »
Meinhart Lagies was taking his Flex Metro home from my place yesterday and as he was passing passing Rock Hill heard a "GIANT Explosion" and sparks and "Stuff" started coming out from under his coach.
He has it parked at a local Exxon Station and says that the air bags are down on the front and rear left side. He also states that the left torsion bar is laying on the ground.
What he needs is for some one knowledgeable in the Charlotte NC / Rock Hill SC area to help him find a shop that will be able to fix his little problem.

Dallas

Times like this is when it would be great to have a map with the location of all the board members on it.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Dallas

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:35:34 AM »

Dallas

Times like this is when it would be great to have a map with the location of all the board members on it.
Richard

Your Right Richard, Maybe we can work on that and whip something up!

Dallas

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »

dallas

If it was me  I would call david at david's bus repair between shelby and morganton. The tel. number is
 828 874 6105. He is the most reliable and reasonable bus mechanic in this area. also be sure to use reeses wrecker to pull the bus. thier driver knows how to hook up and pull bus'es. David can take care of this for you also.

Uncle ned
"Huggy bear Den"
Lenoir nc
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:02:14 AM »
Greetings Uncle Ned,

Welcome to the board - and thanks for jumping in on this one with your suggestions.

Best Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Dallas

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:20:19 AM »
Thanks, Unca Ned,
Is there a chance you could give Meinhart a call with the information?
I'm being blown away this morning filling propane tanks...... 7 in the las hour and 2 of those were 50 gallon RV tanks.
How do you use THAT much gas in one weekend?
Thanks a lot
His Number is:

Call collect and use my name when asked who is calling
BTB, when are you coming back?????

Dallas

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:29:39 AM »

dallas

Just talked to Meinert. gave him Davids number. I think ncbob also is going to use david to fix his clutch.
He is a great guy and very exating in his work.

uncle ned
4104 6v92&730
"huggy bear den"
lenoir nc
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Dallas

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 07:48:42 AM »

dallas

Just talked to Meinert. gave him Davids number. I think ncbob also is going to use david to fix his clutch.
He is a great guy and very exating in his work.

uncle ned
4104 6v92&730
"huggy bear den"
lenoir nc

Uncle Ned,
Meinhart just called me.
Thank you so much for the help you have given him.
I'm afraid that if the damage is severe enough, it may be a case of salvaging what he can.
You saw his bus, it would be terrible to do something like that to it.

Again, That's what this board is suppose to be all about. People helping people.
We are different from the old board and plan on keeping it that way.

Thanks again Uncle Ned. You have earned a spot in the "Helpful Hall of Fame"!

Dallas

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 11:07:57 AM »
Dallas, I called Meinert and recommended he have the bus taken to his home.  Get an idea of what has happened before dropping the coach on a service lot.  He may have major issues that are not going to be repaired due to cost.  He also may be able to get a local shade-tree to look at the coach and determine if what has happened is easily repairable (just broken torsion bar and maybe damaged air tank?).   Once he leaves the coach at a service center, unless he's ready to repair, they may charge him for storage.  Some may not...but, at least he's in the driver's seat with the bus parked at his home.   May very well prove to be less expensive to find another shell and move parts over.   
I am interested in hearing what failed.  Let me know when you find out.
I'd also be interested in what Meinert decides to do.  If the bus  ends up in Gastonia, I may drive over there and have a look. I don't know Bo about Flexes, but the problem may be obvious. 
We're frequently in Gastonia.
Keep me apprised of his project.
Cheers, JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Dallas

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 12:42:29 PM »
Thanks JR, and everyone else who helped with this little problem
Meinhart is having towed to a shop recommended to him by Uncle Ned.
As soon as that's done and the coach is evaluated, Meinhart is suppose to get back with me and let me know what was found and what  the dispostion of the coach is.
I'll, in turn, let everyone here know what's going on!

As a side note I posted this request for help on four seperate boards.
I got an answer from Clifford Neal at the GMC Yahoo board and thank him for that.
On the Flex baord at Yahoo the only answer I got was a personal email from a guy telling me that the Flex didn't have torsion bars, it had anti sway bars. (Big Deal.... It'd broken!)
On the BNO board no acknowledgement at all.
Here: We have gotten quite a few offers of help and advice on where to take it and where to get it fixed.

Thanks all for all your help!

Dallas

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 02:56:21 PM »
Dallas now ya see why I only look in on the other boards from time to time now days, but this board I only leave from time to time LOL! (to check the others! LOL) No seriously seems to me that the good people on the other boards are also here! No need for me to go to the other boards as often! Knuckle
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

DrDave

Re: Help!...... Flx Exploded in Rock Hill South Carolina - Dallas
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 04:28:02 PM »
Dallas,

You really need to get over yourself...

If you didn't get a response in 5 minutes or less on any of the other boards it's because you DEMAND responses
to be immediate and completed within your time frame.

Your apparent need for instant gratification is not appreciated, Answers to emergency situations will happen
but maybe not as fast as you expect. People that can help sometimes take time formulating the correct answers.

Nuff Said......

Dallas

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 04:32:45 PM »
Dallas,

If you didn't get a response in 5 minutes or less on any of the other boards it's because you DEMAND responses

Your apparent need for instant gratification is not appreciated, Answers to emergency situations will happen
but maybe not as fast as you expect. People that can help sometimes take time formulating the correct answers.

Nuff Said......

Nah, I ain't gonna do it.
 I was going to answer you with a scathing comment, but I don't want to be the cause of a urination competition.
No one attacked you.

Dallas

belfert

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 05:09:31 PM »
Dallas,

I saw Dallas's message on the OTHER board and in no way was he demanding immediate help.

Nobody posted a reponse on the other board for 10 hours and Dallas got a bunch of good answers here in much less time.  The other board is basically dead since this board got decent software.

Brian Elfert

Offline Ross

• www.newindsports.com
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 06:33:45 PM »
The other board is basically dead since this board got decent software.

I noticed that too.  Really slowed down over there....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal