Author Topic: Demographics  (Read 5680 times)

Songman

Re: Demographics
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 07:10:20 AM »
The demographics seem to be like that no matter what the hobby - especially if it applies to transportation of any sort. Being from GA and spending many years in TN, I was always involved in the street rod scene. Even though CA is known historically for hot rods and famous builders, the scene in the West is not nearly as active as the East Coast.

One of my hobbies for the past 16 years has been Pontiac Fieros. I was involved with setting up events back in GA and TN, and have done a run out here for the past 5. On the East Coast, we would have 50-60 cars show up from about 15 states. Since I have been doing my event in Central CA, we get between 25-30 cars a year and amazingly people in San Diego think the event is too far North (5 hour drive) while people in Sacramento think it is too far South (4 hour drive). In CA, people seem to love cars... just don't particularly enjoy driving them.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Demographics
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 10:44:25 AM »
Quote from: Songman
One of my hobbies for the past 16 years has been Pontiac Fieros. I was involved with setting up events back in GA and TN, and have done a run out here for the past 5. On the East Coast, we would have 50-60 cars show up from about 15 states. Since I have been doing my event in Central CA, we get between 25-30 cars a year and amazingly people in San Diego think the event is too far North (5 hour drive) while people in Sacramento think it is too far South (4 hour drive). In CA, people seem to love cars... just don't particularly enjoy driving them.

More likely don't like sitting in those many mile long parking lots that take and hr to go 15 miles! LOL! And probably after having to do it everyday back and forth to work just can't stand even thinking about it on week-ends! I know I used to run to CA at least once a week, sometimes more! By the way ever heard of Rosamond, CA that was where I had my trks HQ'd out of according to the paperwork and the name on the side of the trks! (but it was really any street USA in a state of confusion! LOL!)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal