Author Topic: How do you tell your wife you bought ANOTHER bus  (Read 7412 times)

Offline andy

How do you tell your wife you bought ANOTHER bus
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »
Went to pick up oxygen acyd. torch I bought from a friend and ended up with a 72 MC7 8V71 4spd man. trans new caps bus is a 1 owner in beautiful shape. Needs a clutch and has a crack in the right windshield. Now I can say I've satisfied MCI owners and Eagle Owners. If Coleen gets too mad, I know I have a choice of where to sleep. LOL  Think I'll take her out on the town friday night.  Wish me luck
                                      Andy                                                             

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: How do you tell your wife you bought ANOTHER bus
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 06:05:30 PM »
Hi Andy,

Wow, what are you going to do with her?  "Coleen" Lol......

Lots of luck man...
Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
tell her 1 for you and 1 for me

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:11:55 PM »
you are storing and working on it for a friend, and as time goes by, he doesn't pay and you take it, showing off your great manhood...?

you are doomed, better be a diamond on Friday night, never mind dinner...

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline andy

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »
Nick, I just showed Coleen the title to my post then she saw who posted it     she smiled and said where are you going to put it I said right beside our Eagle she said you mean your Other bus. It's going to be okay MAN I LOVE MY WIFE !!!!!!!!

Offline Tenor

• Three Men and a Tenor
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 06:47:33 PM »
Wow! Man you got a nice one!  Wife I mean.. ;D  I worked very closely with my wife as we bought our second bus.  However, in our case, bus number one was either going to be sold or scrapped and I never had them in the same driveway let alone the same county!  Oh yeah, and I almost ended up with a third for parts, but managed a deal to take the parts I wanted and the owner scrapped the rest.  Then I went and bought a 30 ft travel trailer which is still here for appliances and winter storage of large bus pieces...  I love the insanity and my wife!
Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer

Offline gmbusguy1

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
My Bride (Cherie) says Buses are like Rabbits

You all know the rest of the story

Chris

Offline Gary W

• Gary's Bus
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 07:41:28 PM »
Hi Andy

I had two buses for a short time in 2004. I was on a winter holiday in Hemet Ca.in our 1973 MC-7 conversion . My cousin who lives near LA convinced me to go to ABC Coach to look at some 1986 102 's they just got in with low mileage powertrains. We found one that had 49000 on the engine and transmission with a straight body. The salesman asked me if I would like to drive it. Well like any good bus nut I said yes.
I really liked the newer steering  no play in the wheel great looking bus no corrosion.

While on our trip back home to Canada I was telling wife how great it would be to convert a newer wide body bus, she said we already have a perfectly good bus. By the time we got home I had her convinced to get the newer bus . A phone call to ABC to see if the bus I drove was still available. It was so I bought the 102 along with a one way plane ticket to LA. I was able to sell the MC-7 in May 2004. Here is picture of  the two buses in my yard, It was nice to own two buses if only for a few months.

Gary 

Offline andy

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »
Gary, Think this one will be a keeper. My middle son is a good mech. and likes to camp not alot left to do to make a weekender out of her. Time will tell. My main project is our Eagle.

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 08:20:47 PM »
You could tell her its a toad ;D
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Dallas

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 05:12:06 AM »
Honey,

It followed me home, can we keep it?

It doesn't have a collar or a tag so somebody must have dropped it off and didn't want it!

It won't eat much and I'll clean up after it everyday!

And look, it has a cool steering wheel, and don't those headlights just melt your heart?

Can we keep it? Can we? hunh? hunh? Please Please Please?

Offline rusty

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 08:09:18 AM »

Good luck Andy when I brought my second bus home it cost me a new house.

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 11:44:39 AM »
When I called my wife to tell her that I had bought a bus, she said, "you wouldn't buy something like that without talking to me about it first, would you???" 

Well, the answer was that I'd already bought it.  She was pretty mad for a little while...but time heals all wounds.  Now, we just bought a house and she's talking about getting a bus as soon as we get our updates on the house completed...

You'd be surprised what our wives are capable of handling.
"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
You've only got two???  ;D Just two???  :D what a wus.  ;)  Christy Hicks
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

Offline jok

• It’s a bus thing...I’m glad we’re on board!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 05:53:47 PM »
I have a very tolerant wife. Last fall I went to an auction intending on buying a newer generator for our 1990 Prevost. After the auction I called my wife and said we got the generator. I then told her it was attached to a 1977 MC8 bus conversion. I didn't tell her that I didn't hear either run, until the next day when we went to pick it up. Luckily, Ed Roelle and some other bus-nuts had it running the week before. Within an hour it was running and it drove great on the 100 mile trip home. Earlier this week I told my wife that John Madden's MCI was for sale. She asked how much we could sell our two buses for. She likes the new MCI. Maybe we're both nuts.
1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal