Author Topic: 1968 Eagle for sale in Colorado  (Read 6455 times)

Offline Reddog

• 1990 Thomas "Hormone Derange" Gunnison, Colorado
  • 1990 Thomas Transitliner, 8.3 Cummins/Allison Auto
    • Dog Bus site
1968 Eagle for sale in Colorado
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:04:08 AM »
Saw this today, looks like a deal for someone.
http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/522952988.html
Doug Engel. Gunnison, CO
"If people don't stare and point as you drive by, keep working."

Offline tekebird

Re: 1968 Eagle for sale in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:34:23 AM »
no price likely means not a good deal......especially with the divorce.....and supposing what she knows they have in it.

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 08:50:25 AM »
FWIW that bus is one of the first 05 Eagles built

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:15:02 AM »
It's posted for $37,000.00

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Reddog

• Dog Bus site
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:10:28 AM »
Any downside to the early 05 Eagles, other than possible high miles? Doug (-37 here this AM, supposed to get colder tomorrow).

Offline tekebird

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 07:16:52 AM »
as always RUST RUST RUST.  I can assure you that unless it was stripped to the bones that it has rust issues.

High mileage:  I would figure better than 3 million miles on the chassis

Offline pete81eaglefanasty

• smithmotorsports
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »
 TEKEBIRD
Way are you so down on Eagles? Are you an expert on eagles? I see on THIS BOARD other buses rusted out worse then eagles, but I guess you won't want to admit it.I guess the difference is RUST or ROT. I was lucky my Eagle had very little rust compared to other buses I've seen on this board. Are you jealous Of EAGLES or what? Have you ever owned a EAGLE or just wish that you did?

PETE
       FANTASY
WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.

Offline tekebird

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 12:24:48 PM »
Pete, don;t gfet you panties in a wad.

there are few other buses that are as prone to rust/corrosion/cancer as the eagle is.  yes MCI's have areas that are prone as do later GM's

Given a vintage of an Eagle I can almost garantee you there is X ammount of cancer unless it was repaired.  Yes even eagles that spent their whole life in the SW.  In fact I have see quite young Eagles with significant corrosion.

This is not a fault of design but rather choice of materials.

Expert....NO but I have been around enough eagles to know.
Jelous...Hardly,  I don;t care for the look myself, the ride is nice and they drive well.

Sort of a catch 22....they ride nice because of the torsilastic suspension...yet that is a costly fix once they run out of adjustment.

Even an Eagle owner that is not Completely biased will tell a prospective eagle buyer to check on the rust issue.

back to the rust......I have never been able to wwwalk down the side of an MCI, Prevost, GM Setra or Van Hool and lightly thump the side (painted area) and hear a strong rain of rust on the inside of the bus

Offline tekebird

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:28:57 PM »
forgot. Flxinles are almost if not equally as prone to rust.....particularly the VL and models after....again due to material choice

Offline tekebird

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »
flxibles.....

don;t know much about the Neoplans...other than their skin rusts easily

Offline NJT 5573

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 07:33:23 PM »
If this guy doesn't like the looks of an Eagle I think that says something about him!

Oh, he's probably dating Jessica Simpson!
"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high

Dreamscape

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 08:07:10 PM »
Pete,

This issue of rust has been going on a long time, I just try and ignore it. I have some rust......and you know what......I don't care.....I Love Our Eagle...Period...

Several Eagle Owners have either left this board or are not participating much because of all the negativity regarding rust issues with Eagles.

Doug, we all know Eagles have rust, some worse than others. Other coaches have similar issues. That kind of discussion you always refer to is really not necessary.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Offline tekebird

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 08:19:29 AM »
Paul,

I don't know whay you and others get your shorts all hiked up when someone asks about an eagle and I or someone else points out the potential of very serious rust.

yes it is true I am not a fan of the eagle......save the early kassborer eagles but my mention of rust is a public service announcent.....If you read all my posts I post about MCI Rust area issues as well as Flxibles as well.  Most GM Rust issues are either in the air beams or very obvious skin cancer on later buses 06 and after.

Most people do not search archives on boards...thus the rehashing

As for people leaving the board because of the rust topic......That is just Absurd......and juvinile on thier part.  I have yet to find an Eagle owner that doesn;t know about it and aknowledge the issue.......however it seems that most people who come here asking don;t know squat about any particular brand.

Being one who has talked potential converters out of buying buses I have been selling that would clearly put a dollar or two in my pocket, I have no problem discussing the shortfalls of any make or model.

you don;t see be having fits when people say 4104's are underpowered.......other than saying that the engines are probably tired.....and comment on the performance of my former 04....which I would put up against anyones 8v-71

anyway......for those sensitive bird owners......you know what my comments will be....DON"T READ THEM if it is going to make you feel bad or cry.

Offline Reddog

• Dog Bus site
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 08:39:38 AM »
Guys, just a casual observation, and not to discount my appreciation for the info that has been shed on the Eagle brand, but I think we digress.
  Rust certainly can be an issue on all rigs, some are more prone to it than others (due to material choice, area of the country the rig came from, etc.), as may be the case of the Eagle. Particular areas to look at are always helpful, but rust is not really what I was asking about.
 I think all brands have their highs and lows, underpowered? overheat issues? steering faults, etc. These are the types of issues I was more interested in and I think are more pertinent than rust, which may be painfully obvious. (Not to understate the serious nature of cronic rust).
  We have a wealth of knowledge here about many brands, and sharing it is a big part of what this venue is all about. It keeps me checking in several times daily and happy to participate on the action. Lets not lose sight of that.
  FWIW, I never met a bus I didn't like, maybe some more than others.
Thanks again for the responses, and I get it to take a look for rust.
Doug

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »
I think that the issues surround most busses are discussed fairly even around here, but the Eagle rust issue always strikes a nerve.  Maybe some feel that it gets overstated.  I really like the Eagles and looked at a few of them, had I not been prewarned of the rust issue I may have bought one.  The ones that were in my price range had issues so I passed.  I ended up with a GMC New Look which has its own issues.  Mostly engine/tranny combos (6v71 & VH-9) and no storage bays.  I decided that I could live with those things and bought the thing.  I would like to add that it does not bother me to listen to the criticisms either (not that I have received a bunch).  In the end it is mine and I do it for me.  Information is knowledge.
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal