Author Topic: Volvo Engine On Topic.  (Read 6835 times)

Offline tekebird

Volvo Engine On Topic.
« on: January 16, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »
National Bus Trader:

Prevost will offer Volvo Engines next year ( maybe it was this year.)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: Volvo Engine On Topic.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:49:26 PM »
Yes, this year.

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
Tekebird, whats scary about Prevost and Volvo is they are in the process of making the truck dealers service centers for Prevost.The one here in Phoenix has already begun and who knows if they will close any of the service center across the USA.Prevost will not have access to the new DD15 engine so I been told is the reason for the Volvo as the standard engine

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 02:50:28 AM »
I would guess that 'under the skin' Prevosts are increasingly becoming standardised with Volvo buses - local issues aside it is ultimately in no-one's interest for one manufacturer to have two product ranges that serve the same purpose yet are entirely different in design and manufacture.

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline belfert

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:48:39 AM »
Even if Prevost won't get the DD15, it only makes financial sense for Prevost to use Volvo engines since Volvo owns Prevost.

I'm not complaining, but how is this really on topic?  Is there a single busnut here who plans to buy a new Prevost shell?  These shells won't be on the used market for a long time and even longer before most busnuts could afford one.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline tekebird

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 07:17:42 AM »
it is a bus....and will be available in a shell

therefore on topic.

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 07:45:20 AM »
it is a bus....and will be available in a shell

therefore on topic.

And as soon as I hit the lottery, Marathon will be converting one for me.

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 08:06:47 AM »
Richard, when you do hit let Mark at Amercian Carriage build you one and you will have a real coach

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 09:34:07 AM »
Even if Prevost won't get the DD15, it only makes financial sense for Prevost to use Volvo engines since Volvo owns Prevost.

I'm not complaining, but how is this really on topic?  Is there a single busnut here who plans to buy a new Prevost shell?  These shells won't be on the used market for a long time and even longer before most busnuts could afford one.

Well I must ask you this. Is it not still about buses? Just because I don't have a conversion bus yet am I anyless of a bus nut than you? Should the name of the this board be changed to "MAK's old worn out bus conversions & old worn out converters only"?
They way I see it if it's about buses it's on tpoic on a board for buses!
JMHO FWIW!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline belfert

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
Again, I'm not complaining.  It is just a comment.  Personally, I like to know what the manufacturers are doing with new buses.

I would just not want to see this board become all about buses in general and not about bus conversions.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »

Well I must ask you this. Is it not still about buses? Just because I don't have a conversion bus yet am I anyless of a bus nut than you? Should the name of the this board be changed to "MAK's old worn out bus conversions & old worn out converters only"?
They way I see it if it's about buses it's on tpoic on a board for buses!
JMHO FWIW!
;D  BK  ;D

BK, one of the previous members of the board used to complain because a few of us posters did not currently own a bus or conversion. Course you actually own one.

Richard, when you do hit let Mark at Amercian Carriage build you one and you will have a real coach
makemineatwostroke, I will be sure and post here when it happen and you can give me contact info. Thanks for the heads up.

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline tekebird

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »
Again me a BK are on the same page...besides...MAK sells seated buses .

Definitions: 

Busnut: Individual who likes buses

Conversion Nut: Individual who likes bus conversions

Offline Hartley

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »
Aaaackkk, I resemble that remark... ::)
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

Offline tekebird

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
which one.....or both?

Offline Stan

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »
For all those who want to be picky, look at the URL for the site.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal