Author Topic: Emergency/park brake valve service  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Paladin

• Dave Knight
Emergency/park brake valve service
« on: January 28, 2008, 01:49:15 PM »
The last time I ran my bus I noticed what seemed to be a small leak at the emergency brake valve. It was hissing and leaking just a little and I noticed that the brake light didn't turn off unless I pressed firmly down on the button. This is the first time this has happened and it only happened for a short period during warm up. After a few minutes the light went off and all was fine again. My concern is that it may be the beginning of a problem.

Should I be concerned or not so much? Could it be due to the cold temps? I was thinking that it wasn't quite releasing all the way until it got warmed or cycled. Is there any servicing I should do? The leak was easy to correct by cycling the valve once or twice once the pressure came to full but the light was sort of a problem for a few minutes, just couldn't quite trip the switch. I wouldn't want this to creep up on me and be a problem when I least need it to be.

-Dave

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."

Offline Tenor

• Three Men and a Tenor
Re: Emergency/park brake valve service
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »
I'm going to go with cold o-rings.  Don't know if it will be a problem later though.  Probably not.  They can't be hard to rebuild, but I would wait until warm weather.  No sense fixing what may not be broken!
Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal