Author Topic: Desperate Eagle owner needs part identification  (Read 2307 times)

Offline azElvis

Desperate Eagle owner needs part identification
« on: January 31, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »
Hi all! I just discovered the forum and I am thrilled. Just bought a 65 Silver Eagle last week. It runs great but had a major air leak in the brake air system. It is a cartridge located at the back which unscrews and contained a filter. It was partially filled with oil when removed but was bleeding out air due to a dent causing the seal at the top to leak. There are no markings on the housing or the filter. It is believed to be a dryer, or filter for the compressor, but despite taking it to half a dozen truck and coach places, no one has a clue what it is and how or where to get a replacement. Also, given the amount of sludge and oil in it, should the air system be "blown out" or something? Really could use the help as the bus is undriveable now.

Offline gene lewis

Re: Desperate Eagle owner needs part identification
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:00:42 AM »
Here are three sources that I have used in identifying parts as well as buying parts.  All three have loads of experience and knowledge.

Dean's Coach <deanscoachinc.com> 919-383-4780 in Durham, NC.  Rob is now running the show since Gary passed. Robert Moore is the chief mechanic and knows Eagles.

Luke at US Coach in NJ. 1-888-COACH-34 (888-262-2434). Many, many years in the bus industry and knows buses and is a friend of bus converters.

Frank Lambert of Lambert Engine Sales & Service of Smithfield, NC,  919-934-6062.  Frank has owned an 01 Eagle foe 18 plus years and uses it regularly.  Knows Eagles!

I have used all three at one point or another and have been pleased.  I have found all three to be more extremely helpful and very knowledgeable.

Maybe one of these will be helpful in your pursuit.

Enjoying the journey from NC,

Gene
05 Eagle
Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching.
What a journey in NC.
Gene - 05 Eagle

I-95 at Dunn, 12 miles W. on US 421. Some tools and know-how. Coffee on-we'll talk buses. Bus troubles – can & will assist as far as cable-toe will permit.

Offline Eagle

• 1985 Eagle
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:04:44 AM »
Give Orva Norris a call at Jefferson Truck in Oklahoma City 1-800-813-9367 he worked for Eagle in Brownsville TX for many years and knows Eagles like the back of his hand.

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 07:10:27 AM »
What state are you in?

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline BusMom

• 1978 GM4905A
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 07:18:40 AM »
Like Gene said we have had really good luck dealing with Luke at US Coach in NJ at 1-888-266-2434.  Also Jefferson here in OKC at 1-800-813-9367.  Amy
Amy Riley
Norman (Oklahoma City Area), Oklahoma

Offline compedgemarine

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 08:34:12 AM »
yours is a little older than mine but if it was rear of the drive axle on the drivers side it most likely is the air dryer. with the age of your coach it is probably so old that no parts are availible for it. mine is an '81 and I just replaced mine with a bendix AD-IP which is one of the newest units out. if yours had oil in it the compressor is bad or a previous compressor was bad and no one cleaned out the lines and the dryer. I had that on a previous tractor. air dryers tend to be highly neglected especially on private vehicles.
steve

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 12:52:08 PM »
What color and consistency was the "oil" and also the "sludge" you found?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

luvrbus

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »
Azelvis, that is a old C4 fram filter that I have seen on a few older Eagles( some one trying to reinvent the wheel) to filter the air your Eagle was not equipped with a air dryer so just remove and bypass it and install you a dryer if you want one.It will run without a dryer or that filter  good luck

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal