Author Topic: Tenderfoot seeks to explore on the Yellowstone  (Read 13972 times)

Dallas

Re: Tenderfoot seeks to explore on the Yellowstone
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 07:00:41 AM »
To all,
We live just out side of Yellowstone and if could be of help let us know.  Something you all might like to check out.   http://www.yellowstone-natl-park.com/webcams.htm    It also has many yellowstone links.   What we do, stay out of the park and enjoy the country!  ::)   Jim

Jim,
Where are you located?
I use to live in West and worked for a couple of logging companies as a driver.
I also at one time had a contract to remove 'Hazard trees' from campsites within the park.
I spent more time down at Macks Inn and Last Chance than I did in the park or in town.
Ahhhh, the good old days!

Dallas

Offline jatnip

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »
Dallas,

We live at Cody WY.  I worked a whole year in yellowstone.  I built the Old Faithful ranger station / medical clinic. We have 9 children and we as a family spent the whole year there camped at one of the employees camp sites by Old Faithful.  Hopefully, NEVER AGAIN.  Jim

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 04:18:24 PM »
Jim - I think the most beautiful entry to Yellowstone is from Cody through Shoshone NF as far as stopping and seeing rare wildlife - Do they still have a regular summer Rodeo? What's at the museum currently?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline jatnip

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 05:38:12 PM »
Niles---Tedddy Roosevelt said that the road from Cody to Yellowstone was the most scenic road in the USA!!  They have a daily rodeo all summer long.  (Are heading there tonight)  They keep adding on the the museum with the latest add about 5 years ago.  Today we went over the beartooth highway and you can see by the picture that it was great!  Jim

Dallas

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 06:38:13 PM »
Dangit, I wish you wouldn't do that, (The photos),
I wanna go home!
Dallas

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 08:41:20 PM »
Yeah, that's nice.

I was in WY last week. Sure was purty, but the dang wind seemed to be worse than I've see it in many years.

They keep adding on to the museum in Cody, but they keep raising the admission fee, too. I think $15 to see a bunch of old stuff is a bit steep. 
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline jatnip

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 12:26:50 AM »
Gumpy,  Be like the locals and don't go.  They even have free days and I don't go.  The wind blew once last year, I think it stopped around July 4th for two days!!  If the wind did not blow here Cody would be the size of New York City.  As you can tell we like it here.  Now for everyone else that visits take a wolf when you go home.  Jim

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 04:50:11 AM »
Yeah, I bet they don't see many locals in that museum.

A few years ago they announced they are going to expand to Scottsdale, AZ, and raise the fees in Cody to help pay for it. I sent an email telling them what I thought of it, and that I intended not to come back. As I recall, they didn't even respond.

It's too bad they're letting profits get in the way of the museum. They really have a great collection there. It's just not practical to spend that kind of money for a family of 4 (or more) to go see it.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline jatnip

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 08:01:34 AM »
Gumpy
A family of 4?  Try a family of 11.  We also have a new model year coming out this fall.  Don't know what kind of trim will be on this one yet but we are looking foward to His/her arrival!  It makes them 40' busses seem small!  Jim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal