Author Topic: Caverns is OFF OFF OFF  (Read 8882 times)

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Caverns is OFF OFF OFF
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:14:46 PM »
In response to member questions and messages - the Caverns Rally is ON!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Dennis Meyers (sp?) the new Magazine editor will be monitoring this thread & responding to questions.

This thread will be "sticky".

Hope this helps -
Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
Re: Caverns is OFF OFF OFF
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »
Edit.  This post was made when the title was:  "The Carverns is On"  Now that the title has changed to say that the Caverns is Off, I don't want to have it look like I was cheering the demise of the Gathering.

WOO HOO!!!.  We now have confirmation that we will really have a rally!!!

The first action item should be a sign-up form for both attendees and vendors.

I don't think I posted this in the other thread, but a person contacted me off-line to say that they had done quite a bit of work to the facilities.  I was a bit distracted when he called, so I can't recall all of the details, but it sounds like there are significant improvements.

I guess we can now complete our planning.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »
Phil, whats up with the thumb's down icon on your post?  The announcement is good news for those who are able to attend.   ;D

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 04:10:27 AM »
Hahaha - funny - THANKS for catching that HighTech!!!   ;D 

That's what I get for trying to do too many things @ the same time - talking w/ Mike, entering a post, and working w/my customer all @ the same time.  Well, I hope I got 2 of the 3 I was doing correct - 'cause I sure messed the post up.     :D :D :D

Best Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
Just curious but.............what's "Caverns"? I looked thru this thread and the events thread, but didn't see it. I'm "hoping" to make a rally or two this year, but..................? I have been watching and trying to figure out which one I can do.

Thanx,
      Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 05:04:12 PM »
Just curious but.............what's "Caverns"? I looked thru this thread and the events thread, but didn't see it. I'm "hoping" to make a rally or two this year, but..................? I have been watching and trying to figure out which one I can do.

Thanx,
      Chaz

It's the MAK rally at the Grand Canyon Caverns.

http://busconversions.com/event_calendar.html

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 08:34:03 PM »
so where do we sign up at?,  or do we just show up?
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Songman

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:17:15 AM »
I heard from some 'Eagle friends' yesterday that live not too far from me that are planning on going so it appears that it will still be a good event and people will be showing up. We're still looking at the possibilities.

luvrbus

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 06:51:52 AM »
 Dale,as you know I don't live far from the Caverns and I am having a hard time getting any information about this rally it's my understanding you pay $30.00 for the RV spot they have 50 spaces and no mention of dry camping for people that don't use RV spaces $25.00 for the meals .No planned actives or seminars as of yet no vendors list just park and you are on your own.I have attended all of Mikes rallies but this one I will pass on for the lack of information

Songman

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »
I might just come on over to your house and hang out with you then! :D

luvrbus

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »
Dale, you are welcome to hang out bring your Eagle and we will raise the roof

Songman

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »
Boy, if that ain't the best offer I have had in a long time!!!

Offline writingchef

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 06:17:18 AM »
 :)You guys should read the magazine. It has been advertised for months. Mike has asked me to head up the affair, and I am looking forward to meeting many of you for the first time. Call the Caverns and make your reservations. If you want to exhibit there will be space. If you want to make a presentation to bring learning and enlightenment to neophytes like me, bring them on! The price is right, the weather will be great. If you have other questions, contact me directly. Dennis MYERS, Editor BCM

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 10:35:45 AM »
Dennis, you sure have missed getting the word out.  There was a thread here for over a month asking if it was on or not, calls were put in to the office etc and since there was Zero response from BCM, during that time many of us decided to make other plans.
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

luvrbus

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »
Dennis, there was not any  info in the magazine expect the date, the only information we received was from Phil on Feb 7th and that was after asking for a month and like Jim I gave up and made other plans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal