June 23, 2018, 11:18:44 AM

Author Topic: Why is the board so slow?  (Read 3515 times)

Offline HighTechRedneck

• Global Moderator
  • BCM Webmaster
    • Bus Conversion Magazine
Re: Why is the board so slow?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 04:04:19 AM »

... They state my contract back to me and say.. TOUGH!

That's one reason I chose an Internet solution that doesn't have contracts.  Sign into a contract and they have no incentive to keep you satisfied.

Yeah.. US billionaires can get a "no contract" satellite internet connection...NOT!!!!

If anyone can find one that doesn't break the bank on up front costs and downstream costs let me know... It hasn't happened as far as I know...Not in this lifetime anyway.

Probably not on satellite systems, but I am using a wireless broadband connection.  I'm not sure how coverage would be out in your area.  But when your contract runs out, you might want to study the possibilities.

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 04:11:51 AM »
I have this problem from time to time and I am on cable.

I have found that if I hit the stop loading this page button and then hit the reload current page button it reloads almost instantly. I only wait for a few seconds and if it does not load then I take this action.

Richard
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 04:16:24 AM by DrivingMissLazy »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Hartley

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 05:32:10 AM »
It may a little thing called "cache" When you load a page it opens a bunch of
files and additional links like google ads and more.

Your computer may be holding things back due to a cache delay while files are being created and written and then reloaded to the display.

Not so much of a problem if you have a fast computer and lots of available memory
but there are days that things just drag and drag...

As for the Wireless Broadband.. Tried that, Small discovery. There are NO and I repeat NO cell signals down here in my valley. With a repeater I could get signal but speeds were generally not all that great due to signal degradation.

It worked great when I was on the road in places that had signal.

I live in a place that they haven't invented cabletv here yet, Nor city water, gas and most other conveniences. Well.. Wait, Up on the Hill they have it all.

It took almost 2 months to get electric power lines and 2 months to get a phone line here. DSL is available but only well after I got wildblue.

Ahh... Well.....
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

Offline HighTechRedneck

• Global Moderator
  • BCM Webmaster
    • Bus Conversion Magazine
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 05:48:27 AM »

I live in a place that they haven't invented cabletv here yet, Nor city water, gas and most other conveniences. Well.. Wait, Up on the Hill they have it all.

It took almost 2 months to get electric power lines and 2 months to get a phone line here. DSL is available but only well after I got wildblue.

Ahh... Well.....

Well, Dave, back when you were contemplating moving to Tennessee, I tried to get you to come to the Chattanooga area.   ;) ;D