Author Topic: Is it legal for passengers to drink in an RV?  (Read 36144 times)

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
Re: Is it legal for passengers to drink in an RV?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »
ignored by the enforcement community the same as other issues. Not worth the effort, the reward is not worth the risk in a bureaucratic world.

My point should have been clearer, just because everyone is doing it, doesn't mean it will stand up to rigorous scrutiny of the statutes.

And that usually follows a triggering event.

No matter, hopefully whoever is doing that overnight drive after tear down had some sleep, and wasn't part of the stage crew earlier in the day...

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Songman

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 09:10:17 AM »
I'm not talking garage bands. We don't do teardown. That's what roadies are for.

Like I said, it's been this way for over 60 years. The laws (if any) were changed to get money from working people.

No matter... Sometime people just have to disagree... back to our regularly scheduled bus nut conversation.

Offline Stan

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
Anyone can research the laws for any area in North America but I just looked up the legal definitions that apply to commercial vehicles in Alberta. I expect that similar definitions apply in most jurisdictions. Note that there is no mention of charging a fare in the definition of commercial, just that the vehicle is used to provide transportation and does not meet the requirements of a private passenger vehicle.

“commercial vehicle” means a vehicle operated on a highway by or on behalf of a person for the purpose of providing transportation but does not include a private passenger vehicle;

“private passenger vehicle” means a vehicle used solely for personal transportation,
     not including, in respect of a person’s business, work or employment, the carriage of passengers or of goods, except for sample cases or display goods that are conveyed by a salesperson and that are not for delivery or resale;

Offline Hodag

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »
Nice lawyering, Niles.  You are correct about Calif. law.   As you know, I should know.

Bryan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal