Author Topic: Caverns is OFF!  (Read 2519 times)

Offline writingchef

Caverns is OFF!
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »
The new guy gets to tell the bad news. The Caverns Rally that was scheduled for May has been cancelled. I was handed this project a few weeks ago, but was unable to get the ducks in a row. You know the old saying, "If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, it is probably a duck." This one is a dead duck. If anyone has incurred any costs associated with canceled reservations, etc, send them to me and I will see you are refunded. My direct contact email is laguna@cox.net and phone 949-280-0423.  Dennis Myers, Editor of BCM.

luvrbus

Re: Caverns is OFF!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:27:49 AM »
Dennis, i think the faithful  knew it wouldn't happen but thanks for being honest as some of us have been down this road before

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 01:58:44 PM »
FWIW Dennis, if this rally was at some other time it would have more appeal for us.  We're snowbirds so anytime during the snowbird season (late Oct to late March) would be a lot better for us.  I know you can't please everybody with the time but maybe you could at least canvas other possible times.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:17:55 PM »
He had the right date it's cold at the Caverns in Oct thru the middle of Apr

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »
I've been there for New Years and it was pretty pleasant but that really wasn't my point. 
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 06:14:00 AM »
Dennis, I appreciate your calling on Sunday (2/24) to discuss the situation.  As we discussed, it would have been almost impossible to pull this off, given the very late assignment of the project to you. 

I respect the decision to call off the Gathering.  It is much better to pull the plug as opposed to doing a half baked job of organizing the event.

In our follow-up discussion, I volunteered to serve as a "consultant" on the planning of the next rally.  Perhaps a couple of folks who have organized some of the smaller rallies would volunteer to "serve" on a "advisory" committee.

We need more "full service" rallies, and I think the MAK organization is a logical sponsor.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal