Author Topic: What air valve do I need for air ride seat to control height?  (Read 7296 times)

Offline Kevin Warnock

What air valve do I need for air ride seat to control height?
« on: February 26, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »
Hello,

I am putting a new driver and passenger seat into my RTS. I got a great deal on Craigslist on two new leather racing seats like for a sports car. These have built in slide rails on them for forward and backward positioning. Since the RTS is a transit bus, I also bought two brand new National 95 air ride pedestals. These come with no adjustment valves to raise and lower the seating position. The dealer wants $40 per valve to sell me valves, but he said I could probably do better elsewhere to buy these parts. He didn't have a picture of his product, and I don't really know what valve I need. I suspect I need a valve that has 3 positions: center off and one position on each side of center. Then, I would push the lever one way to make the seat go up, and the other way to make the seat go down. When the seat is in the desired location, I would return the lever to the center position.

I found some valves that might work at this url, but I can't figure from the description if they will do what I want.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMPAGE=3935&PMT4NO=38535307&PMT4TP=*ITPD&PMITEM=09249103&PMCTLG=00

They also appear to be more expensive than $40, but my goal is to determine what kind of valve I need, and then I can look for a better price.

The seats pedestals use a 1/4" diameter air hose.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sojourner

Re: What air valve do I need for air ride seat to control height?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »
Kevin:
They are called Air Valve (height control).
This is momentary 3 position air valve. One is center off (relax position), one for bleeding and other for adding air.
http://velvac.thomasnet.com/item/air-products-air-accessory-valves/height-and-lumbar-control-seat-valves/032201?&seo=110

You can get them at any heavy duty truck parts or dealer.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry

Ncbob

Re: What air valve do I need for air ride seat to control height?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:22 AM »
Kevin, my air ride seat is a Cush-N-Aire made by National Seating Co.  That might give you a good starting place. Since I have the inflatable lombar cushion my seat has a cluster of two switches but you may find a single switch on their website under replacement parts.

Good luck on your search...you won't be unhappy you made this choice.

Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal