Author Topic: Possible a mini get together in Cincinnati April 5th & 6th.... edited  (Read 3041 times)

Dallas

We have been talking to Chaz who lives near here and were wondering if anyone would like to get together for an afternoon of informal bus lies and adventure next week end here in the Cincinnati area.

Nothing is planned, just maybe coffee and soft drinks, bus touring and  going to Chaz' house to see his excellent metal work.

Post here or PM us or Chaz.

Dallas

Offline steve5B

Re: Possible a mini get together in Cincinnat Next Weekend? March 29-30
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 06:51:05 AM »

Dallas, Chaz.

Steve 5B here, count me in for I live just west of Indianapolis. Been there several times let me know what I can bring!

Steve 5B.....
WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
Re: Possible a mini get together in Cincinnat Next Weekend? March 29-30
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 05:24:59 PM »
Will do Steve. I'll try to get the details together this week and post them. But the basic idea is to meet here at my house for the .05 cent tour, then go out to the guys place where I bought my bus from (he has a seated '48 Flxible -I drove it, AWESOME!- a beautiful MCI and a couple rough Silversides I think they are. Plus LOTS of old cars and trucks) and then have dinner out at the Winery (Ertel Cellars Winery). The food there is truly 5 star, the wine is excellent and the price won't break the bank. Oh and it's very casual. I have some of my work there also. Go here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/  to see 4 pictures.
  So that's the tentative plan. Nothing firmed up yet. We could probably do this anytime, but since Dallas is in town, I'd like to do it now as I know he would really enjoy this place. It would be nice if we could all go out in a bus or two.
  I'll keep you all posted!!
    Chaz

SHOOT!!!
  Sorry!!!!!!!!! It has to be April 5th or 6th! I guess I got that wrong for Dallas! Dang, sorry.
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
Re: Possible a mini get together in Cincinnati April 5th & 6th.... edited
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 01:24:20 PM »
Ok Folks,  (I hope you all get this!)
  I talked to John and Betty and they are tickled that we are coming! (They are such wonderful people!) They think the more the merrier! Even as far as bus's goes. They have a rather big driveway/lot and if it's dry, a huge field to turn around in. But with a little guilding, we could probably get 5 or 6 bus's back there easy. But with fuel the way it is, bus pooling might be a neat idea since it's just a day trip.

So here is the next detail: March 5th or 6th? They are open either day. I want to make this as easy on everyone as possible, but let me know soon. Maybe like tomorrow.  ;D Sorry, I just want to let them know soon.
  My best guess would be Sunday, but that is not set in stone.

The itinerary would be something like: meet here at my house, say around noon (or before) so people can get here if they are coming a ways; check out my place for an hour or so; head out to John and Betty's - takes about 45 min. to get there; spend the afternoon looking at all kinds of cool old stuff; and then head back to the winery for dinner. That way if some don't want to do dinner, they don't have to. But I highly reccomend it. You can see pictures of the winery and the menu here:  http://www.ertelcellars.com/index.html  They have about 14 different kinds of wine to taste (gratis) and some outstanding food. It's probably a place you will want to come back out to.

So please let me know if you can make it and/or if you have ideas that would work best for you. I want to be flxible :) till we make firm plans.

By the way, it's "a little off the beaten path" back to there house.   :o Just so you know.  ::) But it is paved. It's just hilly and narrow. But beautiful once you get there. (and soooooooo much cool stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

If you can make it, I can email you a map to my house.

Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!
     Chaz

p.s. Hey Dallas, Paul, Steve and Jerry L.,
     Make sure you let me know you seen this, otherwise if I don't hear from you, I will email or call you.

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

Offline steve5B

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:17:54 PM »

Chaz,

Read the thread, will be in touch!

Steve 5B...............
WWW.WINNERSCHOICECORPORATION.COM

"It's all in the name the name says it all"

Dallas

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 02:44:15 AM »
Chaz,
I see, I see!  :D

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.

Dallas

bump

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 07:43:30 AM »
 Hey Folks, just in case you might want to make it a weekend, there is an antique engine and tractor swap meet in Brookville IN. (30 mins. from here) on Saturday. The only real info I have on it is a phone # 765-647-4617. It's not a great big swap meet, but if the weather is good, they have a good turn out. There "should" be camping right there if you want. It's at the county fairgrounds which I know hosts an FMCA rally.
  That's all I have on it.

Just a thought,
     Chaz

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 07:34:05 PM »
Dallas and all,
Ok, well, so far the weather says 60* and sunny for sunday. Basically, that means it will be rainy. ::)  I NEVER believe the weatherman until that day.  ::)  But who knows, the weather may make a full 360. If it's nice, it will be sooooooo much more fun running around from barn to barn to woods to the recreation of a bus stop that John built. here are just a few pix of his place: click here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Big%20Johns/

So far besides Dallas and Cat, there is a couple coming down from Gas City and maybe a couple from over by Louisville. How many and whoever is perfect.

If you want, I can email anyone a map or you can google one. It's 16 Indiana Ave., Batesville IN. 47006

If you decide to stretch your bus's legs a bit and bring it, let me know. There is plenty of parking (paved) on the hill next to my studio. It's easiest if you park there when you get here as opposed to coming down to the studio.

See you Sunday around noon! (or before if you want)
   Chaz

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »
Still looking good for Sunday. (That still scares me this far out.)
Everything is still a "go". Meet here at noon. (or before if you want to come early)
Email or call me if you want directions. It would also be nice to hear from you before hand if you are coming, but not totally necessary.

See ya Sunday,
    Chaz

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 11:16:42 AM »
Well, it was a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l day!!!!! 9 of us went to see Big John and is ever amazing museum of......... well............... everything!!  ;D ;D ;D  And quite a bit of bus stuff as well as 5 bus's. (various conditions) And then a nice dinner at Ertel Cellars Winery.
  Unfortunately, Dallas and Cat came down with a "bug"  :P and couldn't make it. Bummer. But we thought about them. Maybe next round.
  I dropped a hint to John we ought to have another little "get-together" there, next time with bus's, and he seemed to be ok with it.  ::) He has a nice big grass landing strip for his little plane where we could park. But it would be out in the middle of nothing. Awnings and umbrella's would be in order.
  There were a few pix taken, maybe a few could be posted?  ;D  Just a thought. I know it's a bit of a chore (at least for me) to do so.
  Thanx for coming folks!
     Chaz

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal