Author Topic: Brake Buddy Vantage update..A Reply from BB  (Read 16540 times)

Offline CraigC

Re: Brake Buddy Vantage update
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 09:42:33 PM »
Nick
There is a contact place on the web site you posted. I sent them a e-mail. I hope they respond favorable to your problem. I have taken them off my list of toad brake suppliers.

Craig Craddock
Craig C
4104 8V71TA/V730

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »
Nick, i agree with Rob. Since you are an FMCA member contact the magazine and have them go to bat for you.
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

luvrbus

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 10:07:44 PM »
Ed you can forget about help from FMCA I know too many people that have tried to get help from FMCA on the K & N air cleaners purchased from their vendors and it's been going on for years with no results and every rally you go to they are still selling the piece of junk there

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 12:36:48 AM »
I have this same topic going at RV.net and there is almost as many people with problems as there are posts..

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/21186694/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

A big Thank You to my friends/members here for looking out for my intrests..

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 02:49:21 AM »
I sent Nick a personal message that I sent BB a burning email. Don't know if it will do any good or not, but you never know. If they get enough negative feedback they just might bend over.

Companies that sell stuff that doesn't work need to be black-balled.

Paul

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 05:17:04 AM »
Paul,

Can you post the actual email address you sent your message to at BB for us all to contact the same connection.  I believed from the start that in numbers such as what we have we can and will make changes in situations such as this. $1000 is not drop in the bucket and to be fleeced by a company as this should be exposed! 

Perhaps we can have an area such as this for products that are mis-represented as Buddy Brake has obviously been doing.  We don't have to take this stuff, lets try to keep everyone informed of these kind of bums and prevent anyone else from falling into their enticing false advertisements for their overpriced products.   Lets take care of Nick first and get his money back.  Thanks everyone also for sending in any and all objections and concerns to Brake Buddy as we are now doing.  Remember, one day you may need help also for something similar like this and just remember, we are all here as a family.  Don't SCREW with our family!!!.

Nick, I need the name of the state you actually live in to refer to in my email also.  NJ or DEL.??

I will look forward to that email address Paul, thanks again.

Gary
Gary

Offline edroelle

• 1998 Royale Prevost
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 09:57:39 AM »
Nick,

Good Sam magazine also has a department where dissatisfied customers can write. 

Also, if you paid by credit card, you may be able to document that the product does not work as advertised and ask for a refund from the credit card company.

Unfortunately, although I belong and support FMCA, I find they are too political and do not want to disagree with suppliers/advertisers.  FMCA is fighting to stop their membership loss.  Here is one example as to why.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 11:03:56 AM »
Thanks Ed, Paul, Craig, and Gary..

I will give BB a chance to respond  and take it from there.

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 04:58:33 PM »
Ok Folks,

After you read this reply you will understand why I resorted to our fourm to ask of our members help with this problem.

Brake Buddy responded to Ed Rolle's e-mail and I will post it next but, first I need to tell you how this company works.

When I contacted them the other day, Frank couldn't find any information on me at all, even at the end of our phone call.

Now all of the sudden, he know exactly who I am in his responce. Now, I have in my hand a reciept dated Sept 23 2007 as my purchace

date and recieved a replacement remote from BB on October 19th 2007. and had only 1 trip towing the toad since then to do any testing.

Here is their reply, "and I can't figure out why they resorted to twisting the truth??" Maybe it makes them look Good??

I would first like to thank you to bringing this site to our attention. Ed, we do stand behind our products as well if not better than ever before. Nick, is not telling the entire story either. We have offered to bring Nick's unit in here under the warranty and go through it with a thorough inspection and make sure that it is up to our company's standards! Nick has refused to do this. Nick has also had that unit for about a year and we have replaced the alert for him as well shortly after he originally got the BrakeBuddy and then waited several months before he got back with us to let us know he was still having problems. We cannot refund his money because it is past the company policy of the 30 day money back guarantee. He also wants to get a free upgrade to the Vantage Select which we cannot do. We have tried to help Nick with this situation since he first called us, and will honor the warranty that comes with the BrakeBuddy, as we do with every customer out there that is intrusting their safety with the BrakeBuddy product. Thank you for your concern and I hope this helps to clarify things for you.

>>> "brakebuddy.com" 03/27/08 11:49 AM >>>
Feedback
Date: 03/27/2008
Subject: Brake Buddy Vantage
Name: Ed Roelle
Email address: 

Ed, I almost left your telephone # on the post
Nick-

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »
Ok,

I am usually real good dealing with people/customers/problems etc..  This guy was like a puppet being controlled by someone behind him

because he changed his story two times on me while on the phone. Anybody that knows me knows I'm the last person that ever would be cheap!

This reply sounds like a cookie cutter story that they tell about all their complaints. Funny, he didn't mention the Mirror"s he gave me as his answer as to

my trouble with signals??

Oh well, I must move on and throw this unit in the dumpster. I'm sure I will be less aggravated with another company.

Nick-

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »
Nick,
Thank you for posting this whole thread.  After reading about your story you can be sure I will not be giving BB any of my money.

I hope somehow the company comes to it senses and realizes how stupid they are to not provide a reasonable solution to the issue of the remote system not working at the lengths of our vehicles.  This bulletin board may not be the hotest RV site on the net, but as a group we are some of the most safety conscious.  BB is really throwing out future sales by treating such a respected member of our community the way they are.

Please let us know how your next selection works out.

-Brian

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
Re: Brake Buddy Vantage update..A Reply from BB
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 07:10:29 PM »
Thanks Brian, and a big Thank You to Ed Roelle for pioneering the contact to BB.

The bottom line is that there are may others in my same position on the RV.net site
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/21186694/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

Maybe someone over there will start a suite that I will join on with them.

Wish I had the time but, I have a busisness to run and my busisness revolves on keeping customers satisfied.

Man, If I were to sell a Walk-in freezer to a customer that wouldn't freeze their product, I would be sued in a heartbeat!

Nick-

Offline NJT 5573

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »
US DOT will have alot to say about this deal. Someone tip them off and these guys will be in jail.
"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 08:01:35 PM »
Is there a problem with the warranty I have this unit and they have always given me great service when I bought mine is was with the understanding if I did not like it they would refund my 1089.00. The unit has a 3 year warranty at least mine does and I don't think any company will refund your money after you had it for 5 months they have no idea how much you used it  but good luck anyway

Offline rdbishop

• '68 MCI-7 892T, 740 Richard & Missy - Texas
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
Nick,

Doesn't the remote just tell you when the brakes are applied?  Why couldn't you mount the remote at the back of the buss and hardwire a lite to the dash. At least you could use it.

Richard

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal