Author Topic: Painting a coach  (Read 15228 times)

eaglelover15

Painting a coach
« on: April 01, 2008, 07:48:38 AM »
I recently bought a Eagle converted for an airline executive and want to get it repainted I do not like the AA colors. I have checked with some places like Star, The Paint Dept and Advance.My question is how much should a decent paint job cost with graphics cost I am getting some outrageous prices (I think) and does anybody have a phone number for Willy's Custom Painting in Oregon or know the name of the guy in Springfield MO that paints coaches I have heard he is very reasonable but can not find any information about him.I would like to have my coach painted here in the USA not Mexico           thanks 

luvrbus

Re: Painting a coach
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:21:23 AM »
David,I have a number for Mike from a couple of years ago  it is 541-343-8411 I also have his cell # I will email you.Talking to Cole last night he understands that Mike is in Okla painting 2 of Roger Penske's new Newells good luck on getting your bus painted

Offline TomC

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:48:48 AM »
The Paint Depot in Ontario, Cal did my paint job.  While I've painted a few cars and have my own paint equipment, the painting of the bus seemed to be too much of a job for me.  I had it painted white on the roof, dove gray sides with white stripes and black line accents-so three colors.  With the body work and replacing some rivets, the job was $11,000.00.  8 years later it still looks good.  I would probably do it again the same way.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

eaglelover15

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:11:38 AM »
Thanks TomC 11,000 is more like the price range I was things too not 18,000 to 21,000 but the prices may be in line with todays market I don't know but the AA colors are looking better with every call I make

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:55 AM »
EagleLover15...look on the bright side...you have a very unique coach with that paintjob.  And when AA goes out of businees or merges with someone, it will really be unique!
Jack

PS...how bout a photo of it...the rest of us will probably tell you it is the prettiest bus we have seen...and if you change it we will have to say THE SPECIAL PRAYER; Dear Lord, may the fleas from a 1000 camels infest EagleLover15's bedsac tonight...for changing colors on such a great looking coach! AMEN ;D
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »
Hi eaglelover15,

Welcome!

You can take a look at this thread about my trip to StarJet Paint in Colombus, OH.

They are in the 12 thousand [give or take] range

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=965.0

Good Luck
Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

eaglelover15

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
Nick did they strip your coach down to the bare metal and start from there for that price   thank you

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:50:59 AM »
No,

I gave it to them allready stripped and self etching primer applied by me.

2 weeks to complete and wonderful folks too.
http://www.starjetbuspainting.com/index.shtml

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline tekebird

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 12:06:37 PM »
all depends on where your bus is really.......not worth a cross country drive to save a couple thousand now days.

I have a very good guy here in PA and know of another one that does lots of coaches

Dreamscape

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 12:22:37 PM »
I know of a guy who has a great looking Eagle 01. I will find out where he got it painted and let you know if you like. He lives in Portland OR.

luvrbus's Eagle is really sharp, not sure where he had his done though. You might shoot him an email.

Paul

Offline grantgoold

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »
Bus=Big
House=Bigger
House painter seeking work=Bus painted by house painter?
Seems logical.

??? ??? ;D ;)

Good first of April to you!

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline hiwaycallin

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
I guess it also depends on whether you want your bus to look like a bus or whether you want it to look like a motorhome. ;D

Offline Skykingrob

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 07:27:15 PM »
Hey Eaglelover15
I live just outside Springfield MO. I believe the name you are looking for is Dancey Collision. The number is 417-864-4040. I suggest you get references and check them out. Even though I live here, I am looking else where for my Prevost that should be ready for paint this fall.

Rob
91 Prevost LeMirage XL
Missouri

eaglelover15

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »
Rob thanks for the tip another fellow PM  me from Branson and told me run no matter what the price was    so thanks again  

Nick I have been unable to contact Star Jet I get an answering machine and I don't talk to a machine just humans I will try one more time Thursday

Paul I would like information on the 01, I have been in contact with Luvrbus  thank you 

Tekebird you are 100%  right on driving a thousand or so miles your not going to save any money that way

If you guys want a wakeup, call Marathon in Oregon about a paint job 

I have been in contact with Mike Wilson of Willy's so far everyone is happy with his work they just have a problem with his time management

thanks to all

Dreamscape

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 04:33:12 AM »
Eaglelover15,

The guy I referenced to painted the coach himself with 3 other guys in 72 hours in a big field and rolling platforms.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal