Author Topic: Saw '04 For Sale today.  (Read 879 times)

Offline GM0406

Saw '04 For Sale today.
« on: April 10, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »
Rus Hoyt has his 4104 up for sale.  You know if there is someone here looking for a reliable old unit that is simple and gets decent fuel mileage, this is probably as good as any coach to start on.  It is simple, has a lot of good items on it and Rus says it is road worthy.  He just had it up to Ted Williams who he says replaced the King Pins and did other work for him.  I think he mentioned that over $1000 worth of work was done.  The tires looked real good to me and the engine started instantly and ran very smooth.  Right up through the rpms which gets my attention since having problems with vibration on my '04. 

My first coach is an '06 with a turbo and V-730.  I subsequently bought an '04 with standard transmission.  At first it was a little tricky getting used to the standard transmission.  Now I really enjoy it and the higher fuel mileage is a real attraction for the '04. 

Rus also has caps on both front and rear which give the coach a newer appearance.  These coaches are now 50 +- years old.  There is no engine quite like the 671 for smooth power in my opinion.  With 7 main bearings for 6 cylinders, it is an amazing unit!  Certainly simpler to work on and maintain.  If you are someone who can't afford a creampuff and instead have time and abilities, and need a starter unit, and want it to be able to leave California and go to Texas or something like that, you might want to check this out. 

Let me know if you are interested and I can put you in touch with Rus. 

Bill Thomas