Author Topic: I have Power and Spaces available now...  (Read 8199 times)

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
Re: I have Power and Spaces available now...
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:08 PM »
The beauty of the way the system works up our way was demostrated by a conversation I had with the county clerks office last spring, I had some work being done and I went in to see what I would need for permits to add a couple of sites for rv's, they pulled my paperwork and said they figured my septic system would handle several units, they told me I had overdone it lol. They asked me if I was going to charge a site rental fee and I told them nope, the purpose of the sites would be just comfort for traveling friends that might come in for a few days or a while they said with no fee accessed I would not be commercial and if I wanted to make my company more comfortable, they saw no problem with it, then the guy told me I could add as many cleanouts to my septic system as I wanted, he said it's always a good idea to put water hookups close to them in case they need to be flushed or electricity in case I needed to hook up a pump lol.  Why can't all officials be that open minded?  I just get amazed by the horror story's from some of the people that try to do things, some places you can't even park an rv within the town, I couldn't live like that.

Cody, Where in the UP are you?  I would love to come spend a day or two and get to meet you if things work out for me at my work to have the time off.

Offline Hartley

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
Yes... I GET IT... Harley Davidson - No DUH !

I also allow BIKES and BUS Converters here too...

Gosh Batman, You must have been having a flashback about my "ALIAS" comment a week ago.. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Oh.. Sorry Charley..... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

All I need now is a stage I guess.. That way we can get "Charley Davidson" to come
by and act up a little.... The problem is that I am too broke and tired to go building a stage right now... But I do have a large open area with amphitheater (mild hill) style seating of you bring the chairs....DIY....

I just spent 7 hours mowing and boy are my arms tired.

Dave....
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

cody

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »
Brian, we're right at the base of the Keweenaw Penninsula, you'll see a town called L'Anse on the map, we have a place in Baraga, on the hill over the bay and another out in Skanee, 2o miles north east of L'Anse, thats where I spend most my time when we're there. The Keweenaw Penninsula is that big arm that juts out into lake superior from the north side of the west end of the Upper penninsula.

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 07:39:06 PM »
I'm liking the sound of this already!  Jack's place from October til about April (maybe a few weeks at Cliff and Julie's), and Dr. Dave's for the summer...retirement is looking more doable with each new post!
Water ain't no problem for me.  I don't drink water.  Only the best of hops!  Safe too.
Regarding the unusual dump station...nothing that a macerator won't solve.  Just need one of those macerators with a 3" bayonet fitting so that it could be used on all of the coaches in the retirement village "north".  Couple hundred feet of garden hose (dedicated garden hose) and then won't have to move Dr. Dave's coach off the potty. 
I don't know what land is worth in Tennessee, but I'm gonna have to sell mine over here in NC.  Just had a tax reval...BUMMER!  I'm soon going to be paying a millionare's worth of taxes from a pauper's purse!   There ain't no senior citizen tax breaks around here either. 
Trying to talk T into buying a nice coach (H3-45 Marathon on Ebay?) and hitting the road.  We have several family members that have places to park if we wish...and I'm glad to welcome Dr. Dave into my family...of potential bus parking places!  I've adopted Jack (nice winter place you know), but I forgot to let him know...no problem.  I reckon we'll see Jack this weekend.  ;) 
Well, if anyone finds themselves in central North Carolina, feel free to stop by.   
Dallas, since you and Bubbergal's coming to visit, I told T that I'd keep our place for a couple more years.  Come on down dude! 
I've been outside working sorta like Dr. Dave today.  Live right next to 05 at Monroe Airport.  Charlotte has a cankerworm problem and the city hired a squadron of 502B "Air Tractors"
to spray Bt on their trees.  These planes are fascinating to watch.  Sorta like having a fighter squadron landing and taking off all day.  Unlike the usual long approach, these guys come back from spraying, fly over the end of the runway, and dive on it.   Must be about 6 of the planes.  They flew down from Wisconsin.  Bet there ain't a lot of work for crop-dusters in Wisconsin this time of year?    Oh well, sure enjoyed watching those guys fly.  Simple things amuse me! 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline Hartley

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 07:51:57 PM »
I vote for the long distance run to the septic for the short term,
I have a BIG trencher that can make a big mess and chew up a 6 inch
wide gouge if operated properly.. I kinda Zig-Zag for some reason.
The time and effort it takes to cover it all back up is what has been
getting to me cause I don't want to(can't) push a shovel or get off the tractor
so things take longer.

I figured another $1,800 or so for a second lift station and the pipe
to get to the septic. It's that 800 feet of ditch that's the problem.
Well the money too.. But that's another story... Maybe a lotto ticket
will happen....

So in the mean time.. We will have to endure a few inconveniences...

I have one of those macerator pumps and a spare one too....
Might even have a 55 gallon plastic drum that will fit on the big golf
cart too.... Will have to think about that...

Dave....

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 08:14:44 PM »
A lift station?  Sounds high-tech.   Is that a tank with a pump?  I've got a 'lift station' here.  Of sorts.  Big typical septic tank with a big diaphragm pump inside.  Gads I'd hate to have to repair that thing!  Our drain field is 400 feet from the house.   Had to get it out there somehow.  Got a floating valves inside the septic tank and it does its thing very well. 
Does your tractor have a back hoe?  Can I say that word...."Hoe?"  Don Imus cannot use that word.   Not if he wants to work.   
If you got a back hoe you can build your own lift station for a lot less than $1800 bucks. 
How far and how high are you lifting?   The vertical column is the key.  How high? 
Is it too late to place the campsites at the top of the hill?   No problem.  Just run the excrement downhill (normal for most of us) and pump from there.   Install a large enough tank and you could even use a sludge pump (these are cheap) and just run it for whatever time it takes to run the....stuff...up to where ever it's supposed to be. 
Dave, are you pumping your tanks too?  You need a drainfield down in the lowest section of your camping area?   There's no county sewer is there? 
There are safe ways of doing these things on the cheap. And be very effective. 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Dreamscape

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 04:52:11 AM »
Shucks, Maybe I should just retire now and live off everyone else, Dr Dave, Cody, Jack Conrad and JR  ;D

I'm sure there are others that are willing to help keep us off the road!

Seriously, I envy those of you who have the ability to provide a place for busnuts and buses too!

You never know when we might just show up unannounced. ;)

Happy Trails,

Paul

cody

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 05:46:25 AM »
None of this surprises me, when libby and I ventured off to see the world, we didn't have any idea what we would encounter, and we we're more than a little nervous about the future.  What we found were a bunch of great people that welcomed us, didn't matter if it was for a cup of coffee or a night or a winter.  This has got to be the perfect world developing from a busnuts viewpoint.  Just imagine a network of friends, helping each other, one with woodworking, another with welding, another with a mechanics toolbox, some with sites with power and water.  I've seen what happens when a bus arrives at someones home with a problem, the bus is circled by friends wanting to help, at Jacks I saw a bus come in with major electrical problems and leave with it all corrected, at Myakka I saw a bus arrive with a tire going down, you couldn't get close to the tire with all the people pitching in to help, thats only a couple of examples of the great people here.  It's one big family.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 06:48:36 AM »
Well we don't have fancy sites, but we do have plenty of space! We have a dump station, water and some electricity available. All of you are welcome anytime, but just keep in mind that there are probably gonna be charter buses coming and going at different times (sometimes it seems that they just go out and come back in the wee hours of the AM! LOL!) ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 07:00:30 AM »

One of the best weeks i have spent was at BK's. Nice people  and a great trip to eat. The tossed rolls were great. Thanks BK and Dallas and gary and jerry and don and the rest of the people at the rally.

The ride in the setra was not to bad. Wilma really enjoyed the sign "The road ends in water". And the ferry was "BIG".

uncle ned
huggy bear
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 07:23:50 AM »

One of the best weeks i have spent was at BK's. Nice people  and a great trip to eat. The tossed rolls were great. Thanks BK and Dallas and gary and jerry and don and the rest of the people at the rally.

The ride in the setra was not to bad. Wilma really enjoyed the sign "The road ends in water". And the ferry was "BIG".

uncle ned
huggy bear

Not to mention that you were able to get Ron on the back of a Honda, by using the fake the broke down van trick on him! LOL! That was a true weekend of firsts! Ron was so dreppressed about the Honda thing, he didn't even mind being caught riding a FERRY! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Dallas

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 01:36:22 PM »

uncle ned
huggy bear

Not to mention that you were able to get Ron on the back of a Honda, by using the fake the broke down van trick on him! LOL! That was a true weekend of firsts! Ron was so dreppressed about the Honda thing, he didn't even mind being caught riding a FERRY! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D

Not only did he ride the Ferry, he was upright!

And not only did he ride on the back of a Honda, he had a smile as wide as the Mississippi river when he got back.

Musta been the different vibrations put out by a rice burner...

Offline Hartley

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »
A lift station?  Sounds high-tech.   Is that a tank with a pump?  I've got a 'lift station' here.  Of sorts.  Big typical septic tank with a big diaphragm pump inside.  Gads I'd hate to have to repair that thing!  Our drain field is 400 feet from the house.   Had to get it out there somehow.  Got a floating valves inside the septic tank and it does its thing very well. 
Does your tractor have a back hoe?  Can I say that word...."Hoe?"  Don Imus cannot use that word.   Not if he wants to work.   
If you got a back hoe you can build your own lift station for a lot less than $1800 bucks. 
How far and how high are you lifting?   The vertical column is the key.  How high? 
Is it too late to place the campsites at the top of the hill?   No problem.  Just run the excrement downhill (normal for most of us) and pump from there.   Install a large enough tank and you could even use a sludge pump (these are cheap) and just run it for whatever time it takes to run the....stuff...up to where ever it's supposed to be. 
Dave, are you pumping your tanks too?  You need a drainfield down in the lowest section of your camping area?   There's no county sewer is there? 
There are safe ways of doing these things on the cheap. And be very effective. 
JR

My main septic is up on a hill, The camp sites are on another hill 800 feet away.
I installed a sump-sewage lift station down next to where I am parked. It has a pump with a float that sits inside a 40 gallon or so sump which is below ground.

The lines that hook to it are 3 inch PVC and run into the sump. The pump comes on and grinds it all up and sends it out a 2 inch pressure line up the hill to the septic tank entry connection. ( aka what I call a lift station. ) Will do 5,300 gallons per hour.

But if I wanted to tie the camping spaces in, I would have to buy another "lift" station with a bigger pump, Install all the 3 inch or 4 inch PVC with cleanouts to send waste to the lift station/pump. (downhill of course)... Then run 2 inch or 2 1/2 inch line from the new pump back up the hill to the septic tank system. I figured about 600 feet of line for that. That is where the $1,800 comes from on basic materials.

Labor is not included. And as usual there will be more cost due to adding extra fittings and general items and the electric lines to run it. I forgot about that part. Lucky I have extra lines already buried that can be tapped into.

No, I don't use my expensive macerator pumps. I gravity feed from the bus with standard 3 inch hose to a pad and ground inlet.

Looks now like I will probably be out of commission for most of the summer at this point. The doctors plan on doing a bit of colon re-plumbing on me to fix a leak later this month.

Later..... Dave..

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 07:45:04 PM »
Dave, how would the cost of increasing the holding capacity at the existing tank compare to the new lines?   A large holding tank of say, a thousand gallons, located at the lowest point in your system would allow you to pump when a large need existed, yet keeping your existing buried lines and pump.  Let everything go down to one large tank. 
Not sure what you're using for field supply line, but the plastic flex such as is used in submersible well pumps is a ton cheaper than schedule 40.   Comes in rolls up to 500'. 
Requires less fittings and goes in the hole fast.  You may be using the black flex stuff?
Downside, got to stay off of it with heavy equipment unless it's buried deep.  I suppose you could slip it thru a section of shedule 40 where the line crosses roadbeds. 
With a large holding tank the pump would run longer, but the tank would act as a ballast and nothing would overflow during periods of high use by retirement RVs full of geezers parked all over your fields.
I don't know about the codes out there, but they had to dig up a few fiberglass septic tanks in Union County.  No metal in them and the county was unable to verify the structure's integrity.
Those things are being given away for whatever.  To be used where-ever. 
I'd like to have one for the barn...but they are illegal. FWIW.  Maybe there are some  out there too? 
May be some around your area.   People used to build big septic tanks out of block. 
Pour a floor, stack the block like you were building a building.  Then throw a reinforced lid on it.  Worked great.   Codes don't typically allow for this sort of thing any more.
Well, hell, hate you gotta date with the 'knife'!   Hope you don't get stoved up too long!  Got ditches to dig and tractors to drive!    Prepare for "Slabs" East...or North Mid...East?
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »
One of these days I hope to make the rounds and visit all you guys that have these sites set up!
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal