Author Topic: Bus wash  (Read 1892 times)

Offline rsmith

• Gallant Coach Service.      Coach Quarters
Bus wash
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »
Going to be in Atlanta tomorrow morning with coach and need to have it cleaned up. Anyone familiar with a bus wash in or around the area that does a good job and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

luvrbus

Re: Bus wash
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:44:48 AM »
rsmith, be extra careful with the truck and bus washes most use acid and it will destroy your paint and siding.I believe AZ and CA are the only states that do not allow acid washes  FWIW

Offline superpickle

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 01:16:57 PM »
rsmith, be extra careful with the truck and bus washes most use acid and it will destroy your paint and siding.I believe AZ and CA are the only states that do not allow acid washes  FWIW

Really ??  :o  Thats good to know..
Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.

cody

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:47:18 PM »
One of the best bus washes we ever got done was at a walmart, yep, their not just for camping anymore lol, a group of church kids were holding a car wash and they had a sign up for 5 bucks a wash, you should have seen the looks on their faces when I pulled into line with the bus lol.  I gave them 40 bucks and they had a ball and really did a great job, even had a water fight lol.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »
On occassion when we have had coaches out on long charters and due to weather or oil/fuelgrime build up on the rear of the coach we felt that it needed cleaned before returning to the shop, we have used Blue Beacon Truck Washes (affectionaly known as the "streak'n beacon" to truckers). We very rarly use them and have never had a problem with it stripping the paint! We hand wash our buses everytime they hit the yard, and I don't feel that the occassional trip through a "streak'n beacon" has hurt the finish on any of the buses that have been washed there. FWIW ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
the acid wash doesn't seem to bother the stainless siding as bad as the aluminum .I saw a Eagle at B&B Coach in Vegas they were replacing all of the new mirror finish siding that had been destroyed by the acid wash $16,000 for new siding and Blue Beacon was paying for it.I wash mine by hand at a car wash sometime but never had it washed at a truck wash

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal