Author Topic: Pic of '04 now that I know how to post pics!!!  (Read 1561 times)

Offline GM0406

Pic of '04 now that I know how to post pics!!!
« on: April 17, 2008, 07:45:39 AM »
A few days ago I mentioned that Rus wants to sell his '04.  So here is a pic of it for you all.  Note caps front and rear already done.  And as you all know that costs $$$$$.  Bill T.

Offline zubzub

• '53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.
    • pics of my bus etc....
Re: Pic of '04 now that I know how to post pics!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 10:06:34 AM »
WOW! the AC unit on his roof is Huge! ;)

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »
And those exhaust stacks are taller than the building!
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline hiwaycallin

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:33:21 AM »
Just curious, why do some people put those fiberglass caps on their beautiful old coaches? I can see doing it if you're raising the roof, but if you're not, why do it?  ???

Offline zimtok

• Eddie Smith, the reason for having the bus
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »
Just curious, why do some people put those fiberglass caps on their beautiful old coaches? I can see doing it if you're raising the roof, but if you're not, why do it?  ???

Personal preference I would assume.
1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:49:38 PM »

I agree, I prefer the classic lines of these old girls, except for the back of a 4106.  It was just born ugly.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline GM0406

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »
I'm glad you all like the roof air and exhaust stacks!! LOL!  Now about caps, you will notice that this is not an original seated coach preserved for posterity.  And I certainly agree that caps are not for that.  But there are some good reasons for caps.  Most of the old clearance lights are pretty wiped out and caps give you the flat surfaces to mount new LEDs to.  In the rear, it gives more privacy and gets rid of sun load and heat loss out of the back.  It also helps with attitude when you get to a park and certain noses rise over their modern coaches that don't have those old rounded apperances!  LOL!  If you know someone who is looking for an older reliable conversion, this coach is still an '04, even with the caps and would be allowed into places where your 40 footers cannot go.  Bill T.

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 03:42:18 PM »
What I want to know is how did you get the yellow pipe on the roof to run right up the side of the building that way.
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
  • PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »
Chazwood,

That's a snorkel for when they cross those jungle rivers.
L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!

Offline GM0406

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »
Acutally it is a yellow 3600 psi supercooled LNG line so the coach can cruise down the road and thumb it's nose at all those oil burners!  Compressed for 90 cents per gallon gives the bus driver the right to laugh as he sees all the $4.00 and rapidly climbing sheeple racing down the EEExpensiveway!!!  LOL!!  LOL!!  Just kidding of course, but if it gets much worse, we might all be lined up at Mickey Dees to collect FF oil!  And if this gets real bad, perhaps 40 footers could trade their units for (2) '04s!!  Let's say you can get 10 mpg with this '04.  The 40 footer who is honest is probably going into his church and paying $4 into the collection plate every 5 miles.  Looking at 1,000 miles, that is $500 to Oil coffers and $500 more for 5 feet more of coach into the same oil man's pocket!!!  And for those of you who have 8V's in these shorter coaches, it is time to step up to the confession booth and divulge your exposure here!  If someone had told us 10 years ago that a conspiracy would arise to bring diesel prices to $4.00 a gallon, we would have laughed that idiot right out of sight!  And now astoundingly, a Chicken Little certain loud mouth has been given a Nobel Prize to stand up and parrot Global Warming with the implied justification of the big oil ripoff!!  You know if enviro wackos are yelling global warming, then as good little enviros, oilers will certainly have a solution to the problem.   Raise oil prices!!  It seems that nothing short of a financial crash can fix all of this.  In the mean time a person might want to cut costs wherever he can.  And those who still want their chariots might want to consider one just a little smaller.  Hence the deal here!  And if by chance you may get upset tell yourself Chinese are the cause, as they reportedly need oil too.  Look at it this way, as long as you are willing to pay high oil prices, it makes it harder for them to get oil.  So you are doing us a favor by making it harder for them to get oil.  Perhaps you can feel better about all this now.  You could actually be an environmentalist and not know it!!  Bill T.