Author Topic: Push/Pull chain  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Ray D

Push/Pull chain
« on: April 17, 2008, 06:16:19 PM »
Does anyone have an outlet for push/pull chain.  I know HWH has it and won't sell it either.  If you don't know what it is, it is a chain that when you push on it the links lock together and become ridgid and you can push with it.

Ray D

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Re: Push/Pull chain
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »
Call me stupid...but...what is HWH?
Thanks
Jack
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

luvrbus

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 07:18:44 PM »
Jack, I believe he is talking about the ones that make slides, leveling jack, and air leveling system and they do not sell to the public.If he is asking about the slide chain B&B in Vegas can get or may have it in stock

Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »
This might be what you are referring to.

http://www.schubkette.com/e/Index.html

Not sure if they sell it, but contact information is on the site.

Paul

Offline Ray D

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 09:22:59 PM »
Luvrbus, thanks I will give them a call, have not tried them yet.

Dreamscape (have seen you on the autobody forum, good forum for painting), I have called them and a company called "seriped", only one rep for each in the whole USA, they don't call back on little sales.  Very protective of this chain.

Thanks,
Ray D

Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 10:37:20 PM »
Ray,

I have learned so much on that forum that I think it will give me the edge. It's just a big darn think to paint.

Hope you are successful in the search for your chain.

Paul

Sojourner

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »
I am too searching for true push-pull chain. Not sure of the above listed are what HWH used. If you look closely in HWH photo...it show it lock via chain with extended pins to maintain straight & 90° bend with grooved in both side of the channel from going outward within 90° curve bend. http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml23561b.pdf

The unique thing about the push/pull design is it more compact to incorporate into our slide-out. However you will need a roller or wheel in bottom inside of slide-out opening to carry the weight. The push/pull is already design for much more load than what we needs.

Framo Push-Pull Chains by Schubkette is very good but probably more expensive than what HWH uses but Framo has roller within each link for unique way of build-in retainer rail inside of 90° & 180° wheel assembly. Take a look at 90° or 180° and the cross section of chain with roller in between link’s sides that ride on rail inside of 90° or 180° turn. It looks longer lasting life and more fiction free. However they do have what I believe is like HWH uses with pin that roll or slide in 90° curve bend guide. It is an optional version. I wrote to them about it to learn more….so soon I hear from them, will report in this post.
http://www.schubkette.com/e/pdf/Ge60.pdf

About Serapid brand…they too have similar with or without pins version:
http://www.serapid.fr/gb/dmde_telechgt/aff_form_telechgt_doc.php?fichier=pps_gb.pdf

About HWH…they will not sell any slide-out kit to unauthorized installer. Been told that from them since 1998. I believe it for protection from lawsuit for safety and etc.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry

Offline chazwood

• Thekempters
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 06:42:04 PM »
Great...That's just great...... instead of pulling my chain....now they can push it ???? >:(
1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 06:48:27 PM »
Chazwood,

BE FOREWARNED!  This does not work with string. ::)

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 04:56:09 AM »
Moms Mabley said being married to an old man was like pushing a car with a rope :D

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal