Author Topic: TucsonTattoo Cool Bus  (Read 6421 times)

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
TucsonTattoo Cool Bus
« on: June 04, 2006, 04:04:45 PM »
I have got to see more pictures and here how you did the front of your GMC.

I have been thinking and planning on how to do away with the bumperettes on mine,

and low and behold someone stole my idea ;D.

Time to fess up and spill the beans.

FYI-To all you GMC purists, my bus was rusted out bad at the vista and destinaion sign in the front so I had to put on caps, please show mercy on me!

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Bosshosssport96

Re: TucsonTattoo Cool Bus
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:08:26 PM »
Greg Alexander owns that fine 4106,a lot of custom fabrication went into her,theirs alot he hasn't shown yet.Wait until you see the back of the bus.Concerning the bumperettes,just remove them and fill it in with sheet metal,thats how that bus was done.......Frank

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »
Hi Frank,

It is a good looking 4106.

What I was curious about was what was behind the sheet metal ::)

How he did the lock etc....Any problems and how he overcame them...

I am always willing to here how someone who's BTDT. ;D

Cliff

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Bosshosssport96

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:27:15 PM »
Hey Cliff,actually its not sheet metal,its aluminun sheeting with the 2'' (I believe)horizonal strips to match those on the bus.The door is held secure by broom holders( of all things),you know those holders that attach to the wall in which your broom snaps into,their are two of these,and these snap onto a piece of round stock.To open the door you just pull out from the bottom of the door to unsnap the door.To close, just push the door and it snaps into place.The reason that I know so much about this bus is because I just sold this bus to Greg,I'm in the process of redoing a Sceincruiser.I do custom fabrication work on the side......HTH..........Frank 4501-082.

Offline gus

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 03:37:44 PM »
Why do you guys want to do away with the bumperettes (Didn't know they were called this!), they are really classy looking??
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline Bosshosssport96

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 04:13:05 PM »
Hey Gusc,you ask why would someone want to do away with the Bumperretts.....its because we can...*smiling*....The bumperettes are classic,and on my Scenic,I'm leaving them.When I owned the 4106,I took the original front bumper off,and sort of frenched  in a new bumper,the bumperettes didn't flow with the new bumper,headlight face plate or the spoiler that I made for her,so off they came..FWIW.....Frank.

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »
Gus,

If I was doing a restoration I probably would keep them, but my coach had serious front destination sign and vista window rust issues so I rebuilt the entire upper framework, did a 10" roof raise and put on caps.

The guy I bought it from had the caps, otherwise it probably wouldn't be parked here. ;)

The lines on my 4905 have changed and the bumperettes don't look right anymore.

And yes, as Franks said, because I can.

But rest assured, they will not end up as srcap unless no one wants them. ;D

Cliff

Mark Twain

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 04:25:21 PM »
Frank,

Very COOL work on the bus. ;D
Thank you for the info.

Cliff

Mark Twain

Offline phil4501

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 10:02:55 PM »
Gus,

But rest assured, they will not end up as srcap unless no one wants them. ;D

Cliff

If they are the same as a 4501, I want them.

Phil Zisakis

Offline Bosshosssport96

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 08:15:47 AM »
Phil..........all of the GM coaches that have  Bumperettes are the same,I believe the 4104/4106 and the 4501 have the same bumper.......Frank

Offline phil4501

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 08:21:41 AM »
Phil..........all of the GM coaches that haveĀ  Bumperettes are the same,I believe the 4104/4106 and the 4501 have the same bumper.......Frank

Then I don't need them. Thank You just the same

Phil Zisakis

Offline tucsontattoo

• 1962 4106
    • tucson tattoo
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 07:20:04 PM »
well , leave town for a few days and their all talkin about you!!  Truth is Frank did all the custom work on this bus. All I've done is stand next to it and flex. It really does have allot of custom fab work but all the bragging rights go to Frank. I try to spend all my time under it or driving it. Frank, why don't you post some pictures of the Senicruzer? you guys need to see this work of art!!!
we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!

Offline gus

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 10:09:13 PM »
Cliff,

I'm glad to hear the bumperettes are being saved.

I will be glad to take them if I ever come down your way and if they fit my 4104.

I'm trying hard to keep my bus exterior original looking.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal