Author Topic: 7 DAYS AND COUNTING....  (Read 4847 times)

Offline gene lewis

7 DAYS AND COUNTING....
« on: May 09, 2008, 04:46:53 AM »
"SEVEN DAYS AND COUNTING"[/b]

Oh, Yes! In seven days (May 16, 17, 18) The Gathering of Bus-Nuts will commence at the Fayetteville KOA Campground * I-95 * Exit 61, Wade, NC.

Space is still available for any latecomers so it’s not to late to enjoy a laid back relaxed weekend with fellow busnuts. 

Call “Marty” at 910-484-5500 and book your spot.

Some of us will arrive on Thursday the 15th and some will stay through Monday the 16th.

We’ll have a couple of potluck dinners for anyone interested.

There may be musical jam sessions available, otherwise no set agenda just a wonderful time to relax, talk bussing, kick tires, make new friends, renew old acquaintances and share some of your bus experiences with fellow busnuts in  beautiful surrounding.

Questions and comments welcomed.

We are looking forward to seeing each of you there.  This is going to be an exciting fun filled weekend.  Come if you can.
Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching.
What a journey in NC.
Gene - 05 Eagle

I-95 at Dunn, 12 miles W. on US 421. Some tools and know-how. Coffee on-we'll talk buses. Bus troubles – can & will assist as far as cable-toe will permit.

Offline DavidInWilmNC

• 1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005
Re: 7 DAYS AND COUNTING....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 06:52:01 PM »
Hi Gene,

I'm planning on attending Saturday and Sunday, but I haven't made my reservation yet.  I'll do that tomorrow.  Has anybody started a list of who's planning on being there?  As to potlucks... is there any idea when or what one should bring?  Although my bus won't be there, it'll be great to see everybody else's.

David

Offline orfunauto/Darrell

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
I'll be there Thursday at high noon!  Looking forward to our first bus rally ;D
74 MCI 8
LaGrange, NC

Offline trailblazer2

• 1990 Chevrolet C-60 Activity
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »
 We are planning on coming down around  noon thursday,as well! Its gonna a be a great one,especially,if this is your first one!
Bill
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston

Offline gene lewis

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:26:34 PM »
Great to hear U will be joining us. Looking forward to seeing U again.

Have a pot luck menu up and going.  E-mail me and I'll send U a copy

We R going to have fun.  See u in 7 days.
Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching.
What a journey in NC.
Gene - 05 Eagle

I-95 at Dunn, 12 miles W. on US 421. Some tools and know-how. Coffee on-we'll talk buses. Bus troubles – can & will assist as far as cable-toe will permit.

Offline TexasBorderDude

• Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society
  • Nothing simple is ever easy...
    • WheresDoyle
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »
C'mon in the water is fine.... actually it's green in the pool, but should be ready by Thursday.  Got here yesterday... run outta Myrtle Beach by the 250,000 bikers there this weekend.  Be sure to do your shopping in advance, it's a long way to anything (10 miles to a Food Lion and  twice that to Target, Sam's etc.), but the place is great.  Looking forward to meeting all yoose nuts!

dg
A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.

Offline Austin

• MC-12
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 05:08:04 AM »
We have a group headed to Myrtle Beach for bike week maybe we can sneak up Saturday sounds like fun and can get some new ideas for our MCI

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 07:24:02 PM »

Hope to arrive around 12 Thurday also.   Looking forward to seeing everyone!  ;D
I may be from now til Thursday morning getting the cruds off the bus....and golf car... >:(
We just returned from Denton, and drove home in the rain.  And just as sure as I wash the sucker, it'll rain again! 
See ya'll Thursday...rain or shine!   ;)
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline trailblazer2

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 09:46:07 AM »
 It's just a few days away now! I have heard that there is a a possibility of one of our high ranking members showing !. I have been gettin the coach ready to go,and will be heading out Thursday am. There is still time to Join the fun and R&r!
Bill
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 07:16:46 PM »
Yep.  We've been getting ready too. 
I want to apologize in advance for the rain.  My bad. 
I washed the bus. That about garuntees rain...probably all day on Thursday.   ;)
I washed the bus last Tuesday, left on Wednesday, and it rained Big-Time three days out of five while we were gone.  We missed the late shows for Cherryholmes and Goldwing two nights in a row....?!   
Oh well...Bill, don't make Phyllis get your bus too clean.  Waste of time what with the weather and all you know!   ;D
We're looking forward to the Bus'n get together! 
JR 
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 07:13:53 AM »

Getting ready

loading the bus today so we can leave early in the morning.

Hard to believe diesel will be over 2.10 more than what is in the bus, bought last fall after the coves rally.

Looking forward to seeing every one.

uncle ned

ps   bob will miss you, how is the box repairs coming
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline gene lewis

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:01:14 PM »
It's not to late to join the fun,  Some of us will be leaving in the morning and others will follow.  If your plans can change come on down and join in, if not for the whole Bus-Nuts Gathering, for a little bit of it.

From the looks of things this could be a bunch of  8) Fat and Sassy  :D (no pun intended) Bus-Nuts.  No one should go home hungry--food will be plentiful.

See You there. 
What a journey in NC.
Gene - 05 Eagle

Offline TexasBorderDude

• Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society
  • Nothing simple is ever easy...
    • WheresDoyle
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 05:22:19 PM »
Fat's is already here.  Oh by the way, if you're bringing a dog, plan not to let them dig.  Coffee got 'em on high alert today, but we filled the holes and made peace.  C'mon down!

dg
A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »

I'm not fat.   I'm Fluffy!  ::)   And I plan on getting a little 'Fluffier' this weekend!   ;D ;D ;D
I'm all ready to go...and the weatherman is indicating that the weather will hold off for the drive over to Wade.  Great!
Ned, I found the reciept from the fuel I bought after leaving Palmetto Cove last Oct at Hwy 11 and I-26...$2.37 a gallon.  I thought that was rape!  More like foreplay in retrospect!   ;)
You and Wilma have a safe trip! 
See ya'll tomorrow! JR   8) 

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline trailblazer2

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 05:12:50 AM »
oO.K;
 We're packed up and ready to roll out this am! Phyllis stayed up late last night makin Home-made brownies and Pecan Pies! I'm getting ready to hook up the toad;and Off we go !I am trying to figure out how to sneak away from the cat,but she out figures me!
See yall shortly;Bill & Phyllis
David Livingston

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal