Author Topic: Is bus converting over with? Low sulfur on the way!  (Read 7530 times)

Offline Big Tom

Re: Is bus converting over with? Low sulfur on the way!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 07:19:50 PM »
According to the information I have seen it is virtually impossible to get all traces of the red-dyes off-road diesel out of the tank once it has been used.  Would be really maddening to be cited for using it a year after the actual use.  And fueling a bus at an off-road pump would raise suspicions.  Have seen a few off-road buses, old 4x4 schoolies used for hunting, logger transport, etc., but they still were on-road a lot too.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Is bus converting over with? Low sulfur on the way!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 07:42:45 AM »
I don't know how long the dye lasts but, I do know that while we had our charter buses down at Hurricane Katrina Relief last year several times they supplied us with red fuel and a piece of paper showing that yes it was off road fuel but taxes were paid on it and they were using it because it was all that was available! I still have a copy of that piece of paper in the buses just incase! FWIW!
:) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ::)  Knuckle ::) 8) :o ;D :D ;) :)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)