Author Topic: Disney's CARS Movie  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Disney's CARS Movie
« on: June 09, 2006, 07:39:11 AM »
Well, My 3 year old son has been waiting for this movie to come out since december! :o All I hear is June 9th.

And now that I have seen more than 4 trailers. I can realize why it took PIXAR 5 years to make this movie!

The details are too real for a cartoon. I mean right down to the swirll scratches from when you wax your car!!

And alot of big names in it too, Paul Newman, Cheryl Crow, and on and on.

Tonite I must fight all the crowds and take my son ;)

Lightning McQueen, Sally, Mator, Doc Hudson, Here I come!

Nick-

Pixar's Animated Cars Movie Featuring Paul Newman and Owen Wilson
"Cars" Movie Synopsis: Lightning McQueen (voiced by Owen Wilson), a hotshot rookie race car driven to succeed, discovers that life is about the journey, not the finish line, when he finds himself unexpectedly detoured in the sleepy Route 66 town of Radiator Springs. On route across the country to the big Piston Cup Championship in California.

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
Re: Disney's CARS Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 07:50:00 AM »
Here is all the Big Names!!

Lightning McQueen
Voiced by: Owen Wilson - IMDb Link

Lightning McQueen is a hotshot rookie racecar, poised to become the youngest car ever to win the Piston Cup Championship. He has just two things on his mind: winning and the perks that come with it. Fame, money, groupies, helicopters... it's everything he's dreamed of, but that's about the change. When McQueen gets lost in the forgotten town of Radiator Springs, he's introducted to a group of new friends that challenge him to reconsider the car he wants to be.

Mater
Voiced by: Larry The Cable Guy - IMDb Link

Mater is a good ol' boy with a big heart and the only tow truck in Radiator Springs. Mater runs Tow-Mater Towing and Salvage and manages the local impound lot. Though a little rusty, he has the quickest towrope in Carburetor County and is always the first to lend a helping hand. Mater sees the bright side of any situation and is the first to befriend McQueen.

Sally
Voiced by: Bonnie Hunt - IMDb Link

Sally is a beautiful 2002 Porsche 911 from California who grew tired of life in the fast lane and made a new start in the small town of Radiator Springs. Charming, intelligent, and witty, she is the town attorney and the car most dedicated to preserving and reviving the town with the hopes that one day it will get "back on the map."

Doc Hudson
Voiced by: Paul Newman - IMDb Link

Doc Hudson is a 1951 Hudson Hornet, a seemingly quiet country doctor who runs the local "medical clinic" (mechanic shop) in Radiator Springs. Though he's a car of few words, Doc is respected and admired by the townsfolk for the way he looks out for their health and tends to their aches and pains. Doc ends up teaching McQueen lessons he can apply both on and off the track.

Ramone
Voiced by: Cheech Marin - IMDb Link

Ramone is a 1959 Impala low-rider who owns and operates Ramone's House of Body Art, the local custom body and paint shop. Ramone is an artist - a true magician with paint and metal, but he hasn't had anyone to paint in years. So for now, his only canvas is himself; he repaints himself daily.

Flo
Voiced by: Jenifer Lewis - IMDb Link

Flo is a 1950's show car - a sassy, no-nonsense lady, with the biggest heart in town. She runs the local diner, Flo's V-8 Cafe, the only gas station for miles around, where she still serves the "finest fuel in fifty states." While traveling across country as a glamorous Motorama girl, Flo passes through Radiator Springs and met Ramone. It was love at first sight and the two have been married ever since.

The King
Voiced by: Richard Petty - IMDb Link

The King, Strip Weathers, is a 1970 Plymouth Superbird and a racing legend. He has won more Piston Cup races than any other car in history, but has managed to keep his priorities straight. He's a down-home guy who knows that it takes more than trophies to make a true champion. Above all else, The King values hard work and sticking together as a team. He is planning on retiring at the end of the season and Lightning McQueen would give up just about anything to fill his treads.

Mack
Voiced by: John Ratzenberger - IMDb Link

Mack is a 1985 Mack Super-Liner and McQueen's trusted driver. Though McQueen may not realize it, in the racing world, Mack is McQueen's one true friend. He may look like a typical trailer on the outside, but inside Mack's trailer is nothing but posh luxury. 

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.

Offline phil4501

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:21:55 PM »
I am taking my famiily to go see it tonight. My two boys, 7 and 4, can't wait.

• Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 07:04:16 PM »
The movie was Awsome!!

The graphics are amazing too!

Next time I will go to a late show so we don't here all the little kids crying!

Nick-

Offline bruceknee

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 08:18:50 PM »
What a movie! It's a animated but it's not a kid movie. Last year, I sold my Volvo which had a Detroit 500hp. in it. It's way beyond my means to put a 60 series in my MCI but I sure did like the way that Volvo would run. I figured out one of the reasons why I bought that MCI while watching this movie, it's not to make good time, it's to have a good time....  :)

Offline phil4501

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:45:22 PM »
Great Movie! The whole family loved it.

Offline coachcrazy

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 06:48:29 PM »
just took my daughter to see it tonight.  Great movie, it was alot of fun

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 04:58:22 AM »
My wife, 4 yr old and a friend and his daughter went to see the movie the other night.  It was great.  We're a long way from home and I have to tell you that when they had that song about "my home town", I looked over at my wife and she was squalling!  Then, I started balling.  We were a wreck.  I'm sure we looked like a couple of ding-bats, crying in a cartoon, but it was fantastic!  Now, my little boy wants everything "LIGHTENING MCQUEEN"!
"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

Offline Casper4104

• My site - no bus pics yet.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 06:01:21 AM »
The format doesn't matter, cartoon, live action movie, play, book - good writers can make you cry.  I challenge anybody to not get a little misty at the end of "Monsters Inc."

Hoping to catch Cars this weekend.  It's got Cheech Marin and Richard Petty in it, so it's gota be good.
If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Offline OneLapper

• www.markdavia.com
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 06:54:42 AM »
Yup, GREAT movie!  And very aggressive merchandising.  There was a 13 page spread in AutoWeek about a month ago!  What did that cost?  Yikes!
OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal