Poll

Need to see if enough people would enjoy this to make it worth doing it?

Definetly
probably
maybe
maybe, but doubtful

Author Topic: How many would be interested in a Western Tennessee Getogther?  (Read 15657 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
 :) ;D 8) ::) Ok here's the deal! El Sonador stopped in here at my shop on the way from Texas to Canada. He fell in love with our little quite spot in the country, out of the way, nice and piecefull, easy access, nice layout, & friendly southern hospitality. So now he wants me to host a get together here, which I'm considering but here's the thing. We have 15 acres here to use but no official camping sites, Plenty of grass covered hard packed land (used to be a dump truck company that operated here and the ground is packed solid around the shop, drive and a pretty good size area around the shop! I don't have electrical power set ups if absolutely necessary we could plug a couple units into the shop! I have a beautiful area behind the house, heading down to the pond that right now is to soft to drive on, but would make an excelent spot to pitch some tents(if any one wanted to!) And I figure if people didn't mind boondocking theres enough space to make room for 15-25 units spacing everyone where niose makers would not disturb one another, and where we are they ain't gonna bother anyone else! (at least not anyone I'm worried about bothering!) So what I sort of had in mind was maybe a late fall gathering where the weather would be pleasant and A/C usage would not be necessary (heat shouldn't be either). We have a large shop with a pit in one bay where we could schedule times for all to get there coach in and look over, under and do small projects (maybe even discuss and make plans for future larger projects) maybe get  the coach serviced or a brake job or this or that while having a good time meeting with others! We have some awsome places to visit near, I thought wwe might set up some little sight seeing excursions (maybe shopping trips too!) If there is a charter bus here not going out I'd be glad to use it for this or shuttling to some local restaurants (ones who'll really enjoy us all crashing their establishments and treat us as though we are royality or something like that!) Just kinda think'n about it at the moment so think about it and let me know! I'm looking at making it a donation, pitch in, and kinda just low cost fun time for all! ype gig! I know we can have some good ol' barbeque done I got a friend who's won quite few cook offs we can get to do some cook'n and we got fish in the pond, a big ol front porch to sit on and visit anad all anyone with ideas or whatever are welcome to chime in!

Bryce Gaston aka Busted Knuckle
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Dallas

Re: How many would be interested in a Western Tennessee Getogther?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 02:56:59 PM »
Yayyy, Bryce!!!!
You go for it.
If it comes at the right time, and my other half can get off, we just might make it up there!

Dallas

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 03:01:12 PM »
Hey Bryce, Dallas, Nick, Bruce and anyone else planning a get together just remember to save a low spot or hole for ACE to park in. Jack already knows this. LOL
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 03:16:08 PM »
Hey Bryce, Dallas, Nick, Bruce and anyone else planning a get together just remember to save a low spot or hole for ACE to park in. Jack already knows this. LOL
Richard

Ok richard I'll bite, why does Ace need a low place or a hole to park in? And yes I do know that his coach is bright! I thought we might put him out toward the entrance to the drive so folks wouldn't miss it and kinda appoint him as "Point Guard". That's if it's ok with him! He'll have to bring his own golf cart as we don't have one yet, but if I can score one cheap somewhere I might pick on up!
Knuckle
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 03:20:45 PM »
Wow 11 views so far! That's quick, but my vote is the only one so far maybe I should have included absolutly not! No way in H***, or take a long walk off a short pier! LOL Knuckle
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dallas

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 03:27:50 PM »
Wow 11 views so far! That's quick, but my vote is the only one so far maybe I should have included absolutly not! No way in H***, or take a long walk off a short pier! LOL Knuckle

Hah!
I have 50% of the vote right now,
That's better than some of our national leaders!

Dallas

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 03:34:30 PM »
  Ref: Parking Ace in a low spot or a hole.  Brenda and Bill Phelan are in chage of parking the buses at our Bussin' rallies.  Bill likes all buses ligned up perfectly with all the front bumpers exactly in line and even spaces between the sides of the buses. All buses are parked in the order they arrive. It seems that someone at the horse show the week before our rally had a horse that like to paw when tied to the trailer. The horse had pawed a good sized hole, which the owner had not filled in. When Bill Parked Ace, guess where his right front tire ended up. 1 hole in the entire flat 10 acres of the saddle club. Since then, it has been a standing joke that Ace will be parked wherever that 1 hole is. However, at Bussin' 2006, Dr. Dave ended up with that "honor".  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Ross

• www.newindsports.com
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 03:55:59 PM »
I'm looking at property in Southern TN.  This would be an excuse to go look at these properties in person. I sent a private email to your yahoo address.

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 10:40:31 AM »
Well I see their is a little interest in this, I know in the 7 states this would be close too we should be able to come up with a nice turn out. We giot TN, KY, Southern IN, Southern IL, MO, AR, & MS all close by! Also El Sonador is willing to make the trip from CANADA! Dallas & Ross mentioned trying! So I know some of ya'll closer to here, lets get with it show some interest and let me know whens a good time, and I'll start planning it! I was thinking late October(Halloween maybe ?), November, or Early December. Our late fall / early winter weather is usually pretty nice. Maybe some off ya'll snowbirds could swing in on yer way south for the winter! Everybody is welcome! We don't have any hotels closer than 5-10 miles, but I got 1 old trailer nothing fancy but comfortable, and plenty of nice tent spots, and even some places to "hide" sticks & staples (LOL) Come on let me here from ya'll. I'll see if there's a suitable hole for Ace (just wanna make everyone feel comfortable LOL!)
:) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ::)  Knuckle ::) 8) :o ;D :D ;) :)
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 10:54:56 AM »
Hi Bryce.  Pat and I would LOVE to come if we can fit it in with other travel  CO is a little far to come for just one activity.

We will be heading to Florida for a convention in Orlando and then over to the Conrad's to leave the bus and fly home for Christmas.  We will then fly back for the Bussin 2007.

In any case, we will be leaving CO in late Nov. and can only hope that our schedules would mesh!

Sure sounds like fun!
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline gus

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 01:30:17 PM »
Bryce,

We're in N Central AR so this is ideal for us and Oct is perfect weather in this country. Unless there is an unforseen problem you can count us in.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Dallas

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 01:39:11 PM »
Hey Bryce,
It's only 691 miles from us to you.
We may nopt be able to bring the bus, but can problee drive up in the car.
We'll have to get a motel somewhere, but that's no problem.

Dallas

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 05:12:12 PM »
Hey Bryce,
It's only 691 miles from us to you.
We may nopt be able to bring the bus, but can problee drive up in the car.
We'll have to get a motel somewhere, but that's no problem.

Dallas

Dallas for you my friend if you wish I'll leave the porch light on on my 1965 Travel Trailer! It ain't no castle, but I've called it home more than once! BK
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 05:14:32 PM »
Bryce,

We're in N Central AR so this is ideal for us and Oct is perfect weather in this country. Unless there is an unforseen problem you can count us in with.

We'll be looking forward to it!  I just gotta get an idea when will be the most convienent for the majority and I'll start laying out plans. BK
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 05:19:14 PM »
Hi Bryce.  Pat and I would LOVE to come if we can fit it in with other travel  CO is a little far to come for just one activity.

We will be heading to Florida for a convention in Orlando and then over to the Conrad's to leave the bus and fly home for Christmas.  We will then fly back for the Bussin 2007.

In any case, we will be leaving CO in late Nov. and can only hope that our schedules would mesh!

Sure sounds like fun!

Jim it would be our pleasure to have Pat & Yourself be able to stop in! Looks like we could make this a rice size "Camp-IN" or what ever ya'll wanna call it. I just need some idea when the most convienent time is for the majority, and we'll start plannig on it for then!
 :) 8) :o BK
www.kylakesidetravel.net

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal