Author Topic: Stuck in Orlando! Have I mentioned how much I hate bringing buses to FL?  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Hey ya'll,

Well my bad luck with FL trips has hit me yet again! I'm stuck at my hotel the Seralago Hotel @ 5678 Irlo Branson Memorial Way (HWY 192) Kissimmee, FL I got here yesterday afternoon and discovered a coolant leak. Upon farther investigation today it turned out on of the copper/brass tubes rubbed against another one and develoed a hole in one. I had a guy come out and check it out, he took the pipe back tohis shop to braze it. The problem is he also works a real job too, and won't be able to bring it back until tomorrow evening. So I'm stranded here at the hotel until then. My cell # is 270.705.1139 If any busnuts are in the area and wanna get together, give me a shout I'll buy a beer or cup of coffee!

;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Hi Bryce,

If I were to brake down, it should be on BMW "192" like you...

5 miles to Disney, Universal, and Sea World, and with all those girls in the water parks...Lucky You!

There is an awsome Chineese place across from Old Town that has great food, if your hungry!

Keep us posted
Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Sammy

Got a Home Depot nearby??...........solder and a propane torch.... 8)
Could be worse, I know you've been there and done that too... ;D
Have a safe trip my friend.
Regards,
Sammy 

cody

Hey it could be worse, you could have a full busload of drunk co-eds lol.

Ncbob

I can sympathize with you Bryce. When I don't wanna be someplace I don't wanna be there!  Now, the idea of breaking down somewhere along the coast of Maine this time of year where I might enjoy cool sea breezes certainly holds more pleasure than baking in Orlando!

If Cliff wasn't on vacation with his family he'd be one of the first to offer assistance....and a nice cold beer!
But alas, looks like you'll have to tough this one out alone.

Egads!  There's a whole bunch of BusNuts in the area...I'm surprised you haven't heard from one by now!

Bob

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
BK,
  I was in Orlando last Friday to pick up an entertainer coach for Horizon Coach. One of these times maybe we will be in the same place at the same time. LOL   Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Blacksheep

I was there but heard you were stranded. I ran like hell!
Just kidding!
I would come visit but I have kind of been on call with work. When it's slow like this, I need to answer every call and jump on them right then!
BS

Offline jjrbus

• MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL
Reminds me of a T'shirt I saw  "Just another crappy day in paradise"  ;D
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Ncbob

It seems that Bryce's Cell Phone grew legs and decided to see Disneyworld which left Bryce in the lurch. But he paid a visit to Wally World and now has a Trac-Fone (731-796-1328) if you need to contact him.

In the meanwhile 'Fearless Kyle' is in the area and I've given him Bryce's new phone number. I sure would like to be a mouse in someone's pocket when those two meet up.  Should be fun.

Bob

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
If your there Saturday night, check out Old Town.  Saturday night is cruise night.  The largest Saturday night cruise in America. Every Hot Rod you can dream about......

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Busted Knuckle

Thank you everybody! I was also sick yesterday morning and just didn't feel like crawling under a bus and getting filthy. Which is why I called dad and told him "call Said (pronounced Sa eed), and and just have him come out and fix it!" Upon hearing this dad said "you must be sick, you know he gets $200 just for the service call, and $100/hr, plus parts, & etc." I told him yes I know he's not cheap, but he is good, and he's honest & fair! & The way I feel right now it's worth it, just to be able to go back in the hotel and sleep until he's here!" Which I did after drinking a bottle of Theraful Severe cold & flu! He came out when he got to me (he stays covered up as a testament as to how good he is! Again he ain't cheap, but he knows buses! Setra, Van Hool, Prevost, MCI, GM he knows them and knows them well!) When he did come out he immediately crawled under and confirmed the problem, and wanted me to move the coach to the other side of the curb island I was parked next to so we could let the coolant run down into the drain! I told him "NO WAY! Not at $12.00 a gallon, and I've got 3 drain pans and some water jugs I can pour out to save it in! LOL!" He laughed and told me "Oh yeah, I remember your dad telling me you carried a mobile shop on your bus! LOL! But that's good, that way you save $! LOL!" Anyway we drained it, and he took the bad pipe off, and had to take it with him to repair it. (He hasn't been driving his big service truck because of high fuel prices!) Well he brought it back welded up, and reinstalled it, we filled it up and tested it it was all good! That was last night when we finished it!
Today I took part of my group to Cocoa Beach, and back! Great little test run.

Also while in Cocoa met a very pretty young lady named Holly and her precious 4 yr old daughter Haley. They were playing in the sand and Holly wouldn't let Haley near the water because it was too dangerous. We sat around talking and watching her play, when Haley announced she needed to go to the bathroom. Well the big softie that I am, I offered her the one in the bus. Holly was amazed that the didn't have to pack up and leave to go somewhere to find one "clean enough to use". Well it was getting close to time for my group to load up, so I moved the bus over to the parking lot I was pick them up at. I told Holly & Haley good bye, and gave Holly my #. Much to my surprise after I'd gotten back to the hotel and fixed a bite to eat. My phone rang, it was Holly and she asked if I really meant it when I offered to let her and Haley join me at the hotel pool & hot tub? I told her sure, but I was surprised she remembered me offering it (while teasing her about taking Haley to the beach but not letting her play in the water), and even more surprised she took me up on it! Well they joined me at the pool and hot tub for a while, then they had to go because it was Haley's bedtime. But much to my surprise they live about 10 minutes from my hotel and Holly & Haley insist they are going to stay in touch and want to "take me out" when I come back to Orlando next month! Ah life is good and full of pleasant surprises! ;D  BK  ;D

PS Bob, I didn't get to meet Kyle and I wish I had, but Haley & Holly were much cuter! And theres always next time when & where ever that might be! LOL!
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

skipn

BK,
     YOU silver tongued redneck you :)

Isn't it grand when life throws you a pleasant curve? Enjoy they don't come very often!

Stay safe
 Skip

Offline Green-Hornet

I guess now you will have to change the heading to "Can't wait to bring another bus to Florida" ;D

Offline junkman42

What Skip really meant to say was "some curves".  What say You BK.  John

Offline Busted Knuckle

Quote from: skipn
    BK,
     YOU silver tongued redneck you :)

Isn't it grand when life throws you a pleasant curve? Enjoy they don't come very often!

Stay safe
 Skip

What? I simply made the remark to a beautiful young mother that "it was such a shame to bring her daughter all the way to the beach, and then torture her by not allowing her to play in the water!" And of course shortly after I did mention "that the hotel I was staying at had 2 awesome pools and hot tubs, both with wading pools and 1 with a super nice playground separated but enclosed (security fencing for the safety of the young ones) and attached to the main pool area with the nicer Jacuzzi/hot tub/sauna pavilion where the adults could play whilst watching over the childrens playing!" It was merely an observation which was sadly mistaken as an offer for them to join me at the hotel. But we are very glad it was taken that way as it turned out we found out we have many common interests, and are attracted to each other.

Quote from: Green-Hornet
I guess now you will have to change the heading to "Can't wait to bring another bus to Florida" ;D

As bad as I hate to say it whilst Holly and I watched Haley play on the slide in the pool from the hot tub, dad called and told me "he'd just booked me on yet another trip to Orlando July 6th thru 11th!" As I hung up from dad Holly was giving me a funny look as to why I'd asked dad "have I told you how much I hate having our buses come to FL lately?" just before hanging up. Then I explained to her that of the last 5 times we've had a bus in Orlando we've had 5 different issues either needing immediate repair or had to be babied home and repaired there! She laughed and told me she understood and that maybe she and Haley would have to think of coming to TN soon! Then I broke dad's news to her that I'm coming back on July 7th and will be there 3 or 4 days! She called Haley to the fence and told her, and they both immediately started making plans on where they are taking me! LOL! Seems that I'll be going inside Universal Studios for a change instead of just dropping of in the parking lot! LOL! (Holly works for them and gets free passes and stuff!).

Quote from: junkman42
What Skip really meant to say was "some curves".  What say You BK.  John

And they are quite nice if I do say so myself! LOL!

Truth of the matter is though I still hate taking our buses to FL !  Unless of course this is the begging of a change in pattern, maybe they'll start being have there LOL!Especially if I sort of end up with a sort of temp address there and maybe even take a bus down there to "work the Orlando circuit when things are slow at home! LOL!" Hmm, ya just never know what might happen! ;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal