Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3065 times)

Airbag

New Guy
« on: June 19, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »
Hello all
I'm a professional bus driver for a school district in Arizona and own a aircraft repair biz. My family and I own a 1966 MC-5A conversion with a 8V-71 coupled to a four speed manual transmission. We purchased our bus a little over a year ago in NY and drove it home. We took our time just like your supposed to do. Lots of fun. We don't get to use it as often as we would like because of fuel prices. I look forward to being a part of the board, I have been looking for something like this.

Offline Slow Rider

• Global Moderator
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »
Welcome,

To the craziness and the fun.  There is an eclectic group here that will be glad to help you thru the hard times and laugh with you thru the good.  We live for stories and pictures so please feel free to provide both.  If you notice a lot of people put a generic location and what type of bus they have, in their signature.  This helps folks to answer questions and provide help.

Glad to have you aboard,

Frank
The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8

skipn

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 04:06:45 PM »
  Well Airbag welcome aboard

As long as you remember I'm the second slowest one of this family the rest will be easy :)

When you figure out how to post some pictures of this wonderbus that had no problems going
 from NY to AZ..I know I would like to see them :)

Enjoy and ask a lot of questions we can't answer..........that's half the fun don't ya know :)
   (problem is there are way too many people who really know the answers)

Skip

Offline fraser8

• Fraser
  • 1972 Prevost
    • Old Ambulance
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 04:50:45 PM »
Welcome. I'm also new to the board. I must say these are a great bunch of guys and they have helped me on several occasions. The information is great and the humor can brighten an evening. I can't wait to go to a bus meet and rub elbows with some fellow bus nuts. Good luck on your project.
Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »
Welcome Airbag, (love the handle)

What part of the desert state are you in.  I spent part of last summer in the Deer Valley area of Phoenix.

Welcome to the mad house, there is NOTHING about a bus you can't find out about on this board.

When you travel, you must let us know your own the road,,, some bus nut will be watching over you.

Bill
Tampa Bay
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Airbag

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 05:18:45 PM »
Welcome Airbag, (love the handle)

What part of the desert state are you in.  I spent part of last summer in the Deer Valley area of Phoenix.

Welcome to the mad house, there is NOTHING about a bus you can't find out about on this board.

When you travel, you must let us know your own the road,,, some bus nut will be watching over you.

Bill
Tampa Bay

We are just North of Tucson and man is it hot. We have just one roof air on the bus so if we travel we do it at night and hopefully make it to the mountains before daylight. Next bus I buy will have the factory air still installed. I plan to put one or two more roof units on this bus. It's on the list if you know what I mean.

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:21:49 PM »
Try four roof airs, that should make it liveable.... ::)
What size gen set do you have?

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Airbag

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »
Try four roof airs, that should make it liveable.... ::)
What size gen set do you have?

Bill

I have an 8KW

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »
Same here,,,an 8k

Airbag, have you been to the chat room?   Just click on CHAT on the above tool bar. 

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline PP

• Will & Wife
    • Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
Welcome aboard Airbag,  ;D Love the handle! You'll soon find out like I did that you've stumbled into a great bunch of people here. Ask lots of questions, everyone wants to help. And payback can be in the way of a story, we all want to hear about your adventures, good and bad,

Will & Wife

Dreamscape

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 06:14:04 PM »
Welcome Airbag!

As others have said, ask lots of questions and don't be afraid to share your knowledge too.

Keep us up to date on all you do, that's how we stay in touch and get to know you and yours.

Happy Trails,

Paul

cody

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 08:01:21 PM »
welcome to the madhouse lol, (making a note to look up the word 'eclectic") ,k, found it, *not run on batteries*, cool lol

Offline Slow Rider

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 08:15:12 AM »
Just for you cody..........

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
e·clec·tic    Audio Help   (ĭ-klěk'tĭk)  Pronunciation Key
adj. 

1. Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources, systems, or styles: an eclectic taste in music; an eclectic approach to managing the economy.
   2. Made up of or combining elements from a variety of sources: "a popular bar patronized by an eclectic collection of artists, writers, secretaries and aging soldiers on reserve duty" (Curtis Wilkie).

n.   One that follows an eclectic method.

And there is one thing you can say for sure about Bus Nuts, there is no ONE way ;)

Frank
The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8

cody

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »
Yep, not run on batteries lol.  We were doing the music at an upscale wedding reception a couple of years back and a blue haired lady came up to the stage and looked at our set up and smiled, she said it certainly was an eclectic assortment of lighting and sound sustems, I looked back and said, "yep no batteries at all" lol, she looked at me smiled and walked away lol, libby wanted to slap me but resisted lol, too many witnesses I think lol.  Life is fun lol.

Offline Tom Y

• 80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 09:40:33 AM »
Airbag, Welcome.  We can use another MCI 5 on here to give those GM guys a run for there money. Now how about some pics of your bus.  Tom Y
Tom Yaegle