Author Topic: Use of this forum for OFF topic subjects  (Read 5201 times)

Offline sivrtnge2

• 1994 EAGLE 10/45 CAULDWELL CONVERSION
Re: Use of this forum for OFF topic subjects
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 08:25:56 PM »
Jack Conrad,
I second that motion  ;D!!!

::) WE DO NO PROVIDE LEGAL COUNSEL ::)

BILL

Sojourner

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »

Amen to Jack's last post.

About off topic and bus topic:
Off topic is anything that has no relation to bus owner concerns and buses. Such as friendly Chat Talk, How are you, I am fine, Jokes, or anything have no help to bus owning or safety or bus or purchasing or break down or trouble shooting or whatever.

On topic is anything that has relation to bus owner and buses. Such as purchasing, safety, owning, searching for bus or parts or repair shop or salvage, how to correct it, where is in the bus, alternative or diesel fuel for bus, problem RV camp ground and anything that bus’s owner want to know about his or her bus.

Example about one of our bus nut that had a close encounter with a stranger trying to steal or do bodily harm. That is “on topic” subject because it refers to the safety of all bus driver/owner and future planning.

About the goods come out of this for been in “on topic”:
From many of Sparta posts….it explain how to…what to….when to….where to as well not to. Being a bus owner, I learn many things about now day gun law and how it best to avoid any possible close encounter. I use to have a few guns many years ago but the old gun control laws cause me to fear the legal problem that is stupid. Now it is more understanding about the rights to bare arm.

BTW…this Sparta’s close encounter made me thinking of reinstall OEM safety bumper to be ready in case you need to push your way out.

And BTW…some of my posts in the past has been put in off topic while it regard to bus owner example the future energy source….it not about class reunion thing.

I hope all bus owner’s concerns are always be in “on topic” so nobody will miss it.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »
PERCEPTION, it is all perception. What one person considers relative is another persons off-topic. The moderators walk a fine line because if we move a thread, some feel it is censorship and it we don't move it, some say we are not doing our job. Although some threads are very obviously off topic, most are a matter of perception. Personally, from my viewpoint, I rarely move a thread. My feeling is if you feel it is off-topic, just skip that thread and go to the next thread or one that interest you.  Jack

Very well said! Jack I think you moderators do a great job! (by the way what is you do again! LOL!)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 06:23:14 AM »
PERCEPTION, it is all perception. What one person considers relative is another persons off-topic. The moderators walk a fine line because if we move a thread, some feel it is censorship and it we don't move it, some say we are not doing our job. Although some threads are very obviously off topic, most are a matter of perception. Personally, from my viewpoint, I rarely move a thread. My feeling is if you feel it is off-topic, just skip that thread and go to the next thread or one that interest you.  Jack
I just want to add my thanks for all the work you guys do managing this forum.
Personally, I think deleting a thread might be censorship, moving it is just moving it, not a big deal to me.

When a thread starts out legitimate and digresses into something else, it's a tough call.  I say just let it ride, it'll die off soon enough.  Most of the time it's the same folks saying the same thing they've said a hundred times before.  It only takes a few seconds to skim through the thread to see if there really is anything new (like the info from professional drivers).

As for my opinion, being in the lefty minority here, I think overall, guns cause far more harm than good.  However, under the circumstances, I would not hesitate to use my bus (or motor home now) as a weapon, regardless of the possible front end damage. Pushing that caddy sideways at 40 miles an hour into the next county would have made a hell of a story.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Ncbob

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 03:26:18 PM »
Well said Jack and the rest.  But then there's the Moderator application hidden somewhere on the Main Board.  Or.....

Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal