Author Topic: Good to be back!  (Read 6986 times)

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
Re: Good to be back!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »
Glad you had a safe trip and with no problems. ;D
You should have made the side trip up to Palestine,Texas and we could have compared notes!
MPG sounds like it's about what my Buffalo did on it's trip to Florida 7.1 mpg with the V730 at 65mph on the interstate.
jlv :P

JLV,

I was trying to get together with you, but those pesky texans kept me tied up.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 02:56:21 PM »
Hey Cliff,

Don't forget about Becky and I are in Abilene. Stop by the next time you are this way. Course it would be better if I'm around.  ;D

Glad you made it home safe and had fun to boot!

See Ya,

Paul

Paul,

You bet!

Hey, Any future plans for you to do any work at this GIANT concrete plant there building in Coleman, FL?

If so, or anytime your down this way, give me a call.......

Cliff

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline roadrunnertex

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »
Yep,Gotta Watch them pesky Texans they will do it every time. ;D
jlv :P

Ncbob

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »
So happy to know that you're home safely, m'friend. Not only did I enjoys sharing your trip with you on the phone but I giggled a bit when reading your scenario.

But Cliff, notwithstanding the fact that Julie made it through the gears without any mishap...your concern about her inexperience in not braking the bus shouldn't have bothered you one bit.

After all, she had the good sense to marry you didn't she?

So much for HER judgement!

Bob

Ncbob

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
As for my tongue-in-cheek humor...when I re-read my post I wasn't that happy with it. I guess what I meant to say was that Julie has excellent judgement, as do you since you seem to have 'married up', but   she might have caught someone other than a Bus driver! ;

Bob

Dreamscape

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 08:13:01 PM »

Paul,

You bet!

Hey, Any future plans for you to do any work at this GIANT concrete plant there building in Coleman, FL?

If so, or anytime your down this way, give me a call.......

Cliff

Paul

Hey Cliff,

Not sure about the plant you are speaking of. Most everything in the concrete block business in Florida has slowed down a lot. A lot of our customers have shut down some of there plants until the economy has turned around.  :'(

If I ever get the chance to go there I will look you up!

Paul

cody

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 09:05:50 PM »
Sure glad you enjoyed the run, kinda a major run too, ain't it great lol.  We're looking forward to seeing what you've done on the bus since we saw it last, we're already looking forward to florida this fall, hopefully without getting caught in a blizzard on our way down this time.

Offline bigjohnkub

• pd4903-188 and now pd4107
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 03:08:17 PM »
On Friday, 13Th, I met a conversion on I20 between Dallas and Tyler. Wondered if it was you? Between 6:30 and 7:30 pm. I was having tire trouble, and both hands on the wheel, so could not respond to whomever it was . Big John.
Big John  Tyler Tx PD 4903-188 & 4107
871 dd, 4 spd Fuller.
LOVE MY BUS!!!!

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »
We're looking forward to seeing what you've done on the bus since we saw it last, we're already looking forward to florida this fall, hopefully without getting caught in a blizzard on our way down this time.

Cody,

Give me a heads up when you pull out (B4 the snow this time)

We would really enjoy You and Libby stopping by for a few days.

Cliff

Mark Twain

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »
On Friday, 13Th, I met a conversion on I20 between Dallas and Tyler. Wondered if it was you? Between 6:30 and 7:30 pm. I was having tire trouble, and both hands on the wheel, so could not respond to whomever it was . Big John.

Not me!

I am used to people not waving back though....LOL   ;D

Cliff

Mark Twain

luvrbus

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
Cliff, that word snow sounds good a high of a 120 today here in AZ glad I am leaving  here Wed

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »
Cliff, that word snow sounds good a high of a 120 today here in AZ glad I am leaving  here Wed

I understand that!

June, July and August are what we pay here for our mild Winters.

But 120, time to go.......

Cliff

Mark Twain

cody

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 03:11:15 PM »
We'd like that cliff, maybe we could bombard bob with the bottle launcher lol.  Just to make you guys feel better, we had snow in the air a couple of years ago at the 4th of july parade lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal