Author Topic: Tag Axle Wheels  (Read 14121 times)

Offline Kenny

Re: Tag Axle Wheels
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 06:44:57 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback. Just wanted to know if maybe I made a mistake. My MCI9 now has the outside of the tag wheels aligned flush with the outer drive wheels. Had a custom set of wheels made with a custom offset to bring the tag wheel out flush with the drive wheel. Then dressed all the wheels up with identicle wheel covers. Take a look at the pictures. (I hope the pictures get attached)

Kenny
1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan

skipn

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 06:52:45 AM »

Kenny,

I think it looks good.

From what I can tell nice looking bus but where is the engine?

SKip

Offline Kenny

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 07:07:19 AM »
The engine back there somewhere. Rear skins are removed due to restructuring for a super towing hitch (10,000 lb), modified cooling and 18" rear extension. Not quit finished yet but had to do something about the wheels. I think you can have the uglyest vehicle in the world, but with the right set of wheels it will be beautiful. By the way, the last picture was with the orginal wheels.

Kenny

skipn

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 07:14:31 AM »
   Sorry but I am a curious sort......
   Ok you let the cat out of the bag......18" extension 10k hitch?
   Will/have you extend the rear cap back 18"?

I do hope you are taking pictures to share with us. :)

Skip.

Offline Kenny

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »
Skip, It all started out with wanting to add a hitch to pull a 10,000lb trailer. After reading many posts relating to hitches, their capacities and cracked engine cradles, I wanted to take no chances. After studying the structure of the bus I designed a structure that ties into the engine cradle, roof structure and sign board. It turned into a bigger project than I thought in that it involved removing all the rear skins and rear structure. See pictures. From there I extended the engine cradle and added the rest of the structure. Just as it was barely completed, we took off for Sturgis SD (2500 mile round trip) with a 7,000lb trailer. Trailer pulled like a dream. The rear structure is also designed to add a lift for my Harley (900lbs) to hang off the back of the bus. The 900lb, $20,000 Harley was probally my biggest concern for doing it my way.

Kenny

skipn

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 07:14:02 AM »
Kenny,

Thanks muchly for the pict and info.

Looks like a lot of work but very well done.....when you get there
 I would love a pict on the harley cradle with the harley on it!

I'm debating on what it would take to beef up my hitch setup.

Probably a next year type project but I'm learning.........

Skip

Dreamscape

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »
You should have bought an 01 Eagle. Mine line up just perfect! ::)

Seriously, you are probably making the strongest hitch ever created by man for a bus. What an undertaking. My hats off to you!

Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal