Poll

Ok when is best time for you?

Last week end in OCTOBER (" Halloween Party Theme")
14 (70%)
1st week end in NOVEMBER
1 (5%)
2nd Weekend in NOVEMBER
1 (5%)
3rd Weekend in NOVEMBER
0 (0%)
Thanksgiving Weekend (TURKEY PARTY all Turkey's invited! LOL)
0 (0%)
1st Weekend in DECEMBER
2 (10%)
2nd Weekend in DECEMBER
0 (0%)
Post a note and give a better time!
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: July 01, 2006, 02:13:41 PM

Author Topic: Hey Folks I need yer VOTES on the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's  (Read 29354 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
OK folks here it is the easiest way I've been able to make this event where it can be enjoyed by the most people! Please vote the most convienent time for you & yours! I will leave the poll for 30 days and see what the results are ! Really need some feedback so we can get this in the planning stages! BK :) ;) :D We's gonna Party at the "TN FALL BUS BASH!" at Knuckle's Place in Union City, TN ! ::) 8) :o ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Ace

Re: "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:58:24 AM »
BK I know your not going to want to hear this but late fall is really not a good time for another rally on the East since Dallas is having his in early October and then there's Jack's early January. Both on the East coast. Having another one during those times or close to thiers would ultimately mean having bus nutz having to choose which one and where to go. I'm not saying you wouldn't get attendees. I just think that people would have planned on one or both of the others already since they have been done. The way the fuel prices are and the economy, it's going to be hard enough to make both of those mentioned for myself but I have already made those plans and I'm sticking to them! I hope you the best regardless of my opinion! I was even thinking of putting something small together down here in or around July when it's really friggin hot so the yanks can see what we have to put up with! LOL Just kidding! I don't think anyone would come then either because of the heat, that's why I think Jack's has become so successful being when it is. It's warmer here than up there! :)

Good luck though and I encourage you to move on regardless of what I think!

Ace

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »
BK I know your not going to want to hear this but late fall is really not a good time for another rally on the East since Dallas is having his in early October and then there's Jack's early January. Both on the East coast. Having another one during those times or close to thiers would ultimately mean having bus nutz having to choose which one and where to go. I'm not saying you wouldn't get attendees. I just think that people would have planned on one or both of the others already since they have been done. The way the fuel prices are and the economy, it's going to be hard enough to make both of those mentioned for myself but I have already made those plans and I'm sticking to them! I hope you the best regardless of my opinion! I was even thinking of putting something small together down here in or around July when it's really friggin hot so the yanks can see what we have to put up with! LOL Just kidding! I don't think anyone would come then either because of the heat, that's why I think Jack's has become so successful being when it is. It's warmer here than up there! :)

Good luck though and I encourage you to move on regardless of what I think!

Ace

Ace,
Thanks for the reply, and I do realize that the other rally's are there nd hav already been done. But I'm not really on the EAST COAST unslee we're talking about the East Coast of The Missisppi River! Also I'm not really try'n for a big super fancy rally as it'll pretty much be a "Boondock'n Event" sorta 'cause we's out da boondocks, an sorta cause we ain't got no means of suppl'n power for very many! With the "Boondock'n" mentioned that is why it's planned for a time when A/C and Heat should not be necessary! I do appreciate your thoughts and comments though, and am really sorry to hear you won't be able to afford to make it. We already picked out a spot with a nice "hole" just for you at Jack & DML's recommendations! Oh well we'll miss ya and may even put someone else in "yer spot" LOL! BK
:) ;) :D We's gonna Party at the "TN FALL BUS BASH!" at Knuckle's Place in Union City, TN ! ::) 8) :o ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:37:38 AM »
I just voted for the first week in Dec.  Even if our schedules don't work out, we would like to stop by and say HI on our way to Florida for a convention and Bussin 2007
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:45:06 AM »
I just voted for the first week in Dec.  Even if our schedules don't work out, we would like to stop by and say HI on our way to Florida for a convention and Bussin 2007

As I said before Jim you'll be more than welcome to stop in, spend the night or lay over a spell whatever you wish! BK
:) ;) :D We gonna Party at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's  ::) 8) ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline 46Brillbus

• 1946 ACF Brill
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 02:22:25 PM »
BK, I realize this type of response does not help with planning. However, the date is not critical to us but what is happening on the specific date will be.  If the date you choose is open for us we will head to your part of the world. I have not been back to Northwestern Tenn. since Fort Campbell days..a long time. We work on the Texas coast for the sea turtles during the winter months but would love to head your way if a group is going to be gathering. We have seldom taken the time out to meet other bus folks and would like to change that. I will watch your plans develop and let you know ours before the gathering! Maybe have the neck on the dobro repaired by then!
Thanks for taking on the task,
Clint

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:53:04 PM »
Clint,
As always your welcome nytime and as soon as I get some feedback, I'll try to narrow a week-end down for it! BK

:) ;) :D We gonna have a blast at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's place! ::) 8) ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

belfert

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »
I would love to come and meet Bryce, but I don't know that I can afford the nearly $600 fuel bill this year after the mounting expenses for my conversion.  I could drive my Golf and it would cost only $125 instead.

Brian Elfert

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »
I would love to come and meet Bryce, but I don't know that I can afford the nearly $600 fuel bill this year after the mounting expenses for my conversion.  I could drive my Golf and it would cost only $125 instead.

Brian Elfert

Brian grap a tent and come on down! Or bring the Dina and plan a project ya need help with, and when it's yer turn in the shop we'll drag anyone who's BTDT in to "Get 'R done" as Elsonador said getting the bus in the shop or ovr the pit for somethin that already needs to be done could save ya more than the fuel or at least make it bearable! The shop's gonna be a no charge kinda thing (except parts & supplies) but bring what ya need and I know others will be as willing as I am to donated our labor to  good cause! This gig is about meeting each other, sharing ideas & help, havin' a good time! I ain't plannin' on charge 'n for nothin that don't cost me! Hope'n to make it a donation system gig! Where as the costs get cover and everyone has a low buck fun time! While doing a little to help each other out in the process! BK
:) ;) :D Gonna be a Great Time at Knuckle's ' Fall Bus Bash!" Come and join the Fun and get to know everyone! 8) ;D ::)
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Ace

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 07:40:08 PM »
Well guys it sure looks like a lot of fun is planned and maybe some has already started at my expense! I like it!  So much that Susan say's we might have to make plans to attend. I sure hope my dad is stable by then so we can leave AND our Pepper dog (14 yrs old and bad heart)  is better AND the fuel prices (just under 3 bucks here) drop some! :)

Anyway, the only thing that really scares me is the "hole"! Yea that was a funny story that someone took and ran with but there are more stories than thaqt. You should have been at the Bussin 05 rally. They even had private "TANK" seminars on just my bus! I felt so privileged and honored that a bunch of beer drinking KIA's (yes you too Niles) would take the time to discuss my busand it's worthless tanks in depth! It was rather fun to be the center of attention THAT night! I never laughed so hard and it was News Years Eve to boot!

Ok promise me a Flat spot and full hook-ups with a view of the lake, down near the Corona Hut (favorite refreshment) along with a free pit inspection including oil/filter change and we'll be there.... IF our bus will make it that far!  :o

Your turn...

Ace ;)

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 10:35:55 PM »
I voted for the last weekend on October - However, I will try to be there any weekend.  It is a pretty short drive for me (Middle Tennessee).  I'm not sure the bus will be ready by then - but I am planning on being there anyway!

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 07:00:05 AM »
I voted for the last weekend on October - However, I will try to be there any weekend.  It is a pretty short drive for me (Middle Tennessee).  I'm not sure the bus will be ready by then - but I am planning on being there anyway!

Danny

Danny done or not bring the bus, and what ever supplies y need for a particular project and we'll pitch in an "Get'R Done" be one more thing accomplished, one less thing to do! BK
:) ;) :D We gonna have a Helping Hand Work Shop at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's! ::) ;D 8)
www.kylakesidetravel.net

El-Sonador

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 12:04:19 PM »
Hi Y'all...

If anyone is interested in looking at some of the photos I took during my visit at The Busted Knuckle Garage in TN...

GOTO... www.NiagaraWireless.com/bk/photo_gallery

Steve

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 12:22:24 PM »
Steve,

Who's who in the pictures?

Is one of them guys the infamous BK????:o :o :o

Inquiring minds need to know.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

El-Sonador

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 12:48:59 PM »
Steve,

Who's who in the pictures?

Is one of them guys the infamous BK????:o :o :o

Inquiring minds need to know.

Cliff

Hi Cliff....

On the left is Bryce's Dad and our infamous Bryce - aka Busted Knuckle is on the right...

The other person you may see in the other photos is our friend Scotty, who has just joined this board under the handle scottyisaacs

I seem to be missing in those photos - A photographers dilemma... lol   ;D

Steve

PHOTO... A couple of Homies down at the Busted Knuckle Bus Garage in TN, GPS - N36.46449 W89.00289
              Homies ~  "... A friend, very down to do anything you are, always has your back and respects you..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal