Author Topic: Diesel prices dropping (finally!)  (Read 11268 times)

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
Re: Diesel prices dropping (finally!)
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »
Gus,
     I think you are being unfair.  First, everyone knows that there is no such thing as Fox "News".  And second, no one listens to that hypocrite Limbaugh since he got busted as a junkie.  Back on topic though, do you really think that the president and the government have the power to take on the oil companies?  No, George and Dick mean well but are powerless before the mighty lords of oil.  They are victims just like us. 
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
  • PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »
Gus,

Sorry to use your logic, but fuel prices didn’t skyrocket until the Dems took over
Congress. Therefore, the key to higher prices is a Republican White house and a Democratic Congress. ;)
L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!

Offline Eagle

• 1985 Eagle
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28:20 AM »
No matter where we try and put the blame the buck stops in the oval office.

OK lets get back to Buses.

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »
JR,

Republicans have been in charge the past seven years while all these oil prices skyrocketed.

Do you recall that all this "Energy Policy" was cooked up by your buddy Dick and his oil buddies?

You need to cut back on your dosage of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh!!

Noooooo, actually, the energy buck stops with the party of environmentalists.   
Had the energy policy been planned and executed according to Bush and Cheny, we would have oil holes everywhere.
Exactly whom is it that blocks energy production?   This is a test.  Think about it carefully. 
Oil prices have spiked during the Dem's tenure.   The house of Saud and Chavez knew that with Dem control of congress our country would bend over and take it.  They have been proven correct. 
I gotta get back to Limbaugh!   He's the 'junkie' that no one listens to...the one that just negotiated a $100 mil contract... ;D
We appear to have a good many pseudo-environmentalists owning buses...that's an oxmoron.   
And I'm a pro drilling, put an oil well and nuke plant anywhere sort of guy...yet, I drive a plug-in EV.  Unless bus'n, may not buy $20 bucks worth of fuel a month...that's an oxymoron too. 
Anyone want to bet,  if the price of oil remains proximal to $4 bucks a gallon, that the Dems are going to have problems with the next election?
Anyone want to talk about labor unions?  Or religion?   ;)
Cheerio, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline junkman42

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »
I really love the plug it in and drive crowd.  It does not take much to just wonder if the power grids can absorb the energy demand.  If all the cars in the us started plugging in tomorrow I can assure everyone that there lights will go out.  Please give it some some thought.  John

Offline gmbusguy1

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »
OK John, what exactly are your ideas for saving energy?????

And not just saving but also producing energy for our future?

do you really think that we as a country can plug in every car for every person?

what are you doing to conserve energy?

what do you think our nations energy policy should look like?

this energy problem has not just happened overnight with no warning you know. IF we as a people had any balls our elected officials would not wimper and give in unrealisticly to the wacko enviromental LOBBIES.

now Iam not talking about being stupid when it comes to our and the grandkids future enviroment But balancing our realistic energy needs with our enviroment

PLEASE Answer these questions for all of us to better understand your position

we drive a Prius also a CNG Chevy and a Honda CNG and a Scooter

What are you doing to help our kids???

Thanks

Chris

Offline ktmossman

• 2006 MCI J4500
    • Making the Drive
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 11:52:17 AM »
Funny thing about those electric cars...  In the Atlanta area, our power grid is based on coal-burning power plants.  So, driving an electric vehicle actually produces MORE pollution and burns more fossil fuel than most modern gasoline engines of similar power.
Kevin Mossman
2006 MCI J4500
Dallas, TX

Offline gmbusguy1

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 12:15:53 PM »
You need to be educated on the reality of power production and use of same

first of all,  not all cars do or will plug into coal fired power plants we have many sources of electricity in this country

second of all,  that coal fired plant has LESS emissions than a internal combustion automobile

third of all,  the grid will not go down and the lights will not go out even if all cars were to be plugged in. did you know that Power plants sit idling at night (using fuel) just waiting for you to turn on your coffee pot? talk about a waste of rescources. why not plug in your car?

you need to look at the Department of Energy website which takes into consideration the emission output to reach the MPG FIGURES FOR ALL CARS
Including Electric powered

electric cars use less power and make less waste even considering the whole life cycle

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 12:20:57 PM »
I stand corrected re:Limbaugh.  There goes that old theory that drug addicts lack motivation and are a burden on their mothers.  I guess if we were drug addicts too, we would not have to even think about fuel prices.

Offline Eagle

• 1985 Eagle
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
Mr Moderators where are you it is time this political thread is locked.

Offline gmbusguy1

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 12:51:38 PM »
Eagle, I for one do not believe that this thread is political. why do think it is?

Chris

Offline belfert

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 12:57:14 PM »
Not political?  Are we reaading the same thread?  Upwards of 80% of the responses are political by my reading.

I started this thread as a simple comment on diesel price dropping and didn't want it to get political.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

luvrbus

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »
Bet you won't do that again will you Brian

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »
Your absolutely right Brian.  It is in no way on topic.  Once a thread begins to politicize, there is very little hope it will clean up.  I am as guilty as anyone for this.  Sorry.

Offline gus

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »
I responded to JR's right-wing repeat of all the garbage put out by Bush and Dick Company. I was so amazed that there are still people left in the US who believe this stuff and that nobody challenged it. I don't want JR to think that everyone believes this stuff.

The condition of this country right now is evidence enough. I knew someone would blame it on the Demos even though Bush has had the helm, or at least thinks he does, for seven years. Sorry folks, but when it happens on your watch you get the blame or credit, whichever is due.

The high price of fuel and food, people out of jobs and the housing collapse are real life results of Bush leadership.

I don't think anyone ever pretended this string was on topic, nothing about fuel prices ever is! I agree that the moderator should control this stuff, the first tirade should have been deleted or moved.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal