Author Topic: Has anyone heard from Cody?  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Has anyone heard from Cody?
« on: July 24, 2008, 06:24:47 AM »
Hello everyone,
I know this is sorta off topic, but then again it ain't. I havn't seen or heard of any activity from Cody since I talked to him last Friday night on paltalk. He was at the Makinaw Bridge on his way to the MACC then. I know I'm probably worried about nothing, he's probably down at the MACC running wild and parting it up. But I'd just like to know that all is OK! Thanks & have a great day!  ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

HighTechRedneck

Re: Has anyone heard from Cody?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 06:50:45 AM »
He comes into the chat room everyday once or twice.  He reports he is feeling fine and enjoying the MACC festival immensely. 

cody

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:28:23 AM »
Sounds like wheres waldo lol. I'm sitting here with a touch and go internet connection at the MACC in columbus.  Life is rough here lol, libby is working security for the thing and I've had to sit and talk to a bunch of people and jam most the night, I've even had to cut my naps short cause of the fun lol.  Been real careful on what I do, taking plenty of breaks and naps, except for the entertainers, only got a couple of other buses here, did see one unusual bus tho, David Parmley has an eagle that doesn't have a tag, looks just like my model10 but no tag and looks about like a 35 fter, first eagle I've seen without a tag.  Another group lonesome river band has a nice eagle but thats all for the eagles so far, a few nice prevos and a couple of MCI's but the rest of the buses are leased ones. Sure could use some busnuts here lol.  I've been touching bases mainly in the chat room when I can lol, only problem I had with the ride down here was I busted a clamp on my exhaust turbo and killed a few mosquitos on the way, when you cna't get the turbo boost over 3 pounds it sure has a way of knocking your fuel mileage down, heading to get a new clamp today so that'll be fixed tho.

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 07:41:07 AM »
Cody, the 35 ft., two axle Eagle is identified as the Suburban model I believe.

Richard

BTW, about six weeks after my three bypass heart surgery my Dr. cleared me to go on an extended trip in DML. I spent about four or five months on the road from CA to ME to FL and back to CA and many places in between. Was advised to never drive more than 2 hours without taking a break and getting out of the drivers seat and walking around some. It was certainly a beautiful and enjoying trip and it convinced both Janet and myself that in no way would we want to full time in the coach. We were extremely happy to get back to our home in CA.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:42:18 AM »
Cody, take a deep breath when you buy that clamp DD dealers are proud of it

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 07:57:23 AM »
Glad to hear yer doin' ok ol' buddy! We'll talk soon and I might even ride up this weekend, that's if I can get all the buses gone with someone else behind the wheel! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline tomhamrick

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »
Hey Cody,  If you can see it in my Avitar I have a 40 foot 1984 Suburban(single rear axle).
I'll try to attach a picture later. There are some of it posted on Gary's website of last year's non-rally in Palmetto Cove.
Tom Hamrick
Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 03:27:21 PM »
Tom, did they make a 35 and 40 ft. Suburban?

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline coachconverter

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »
Hey Cody,

I'm glad to hear you did the trip!

I'd be real interested to find out the length of that Eagle.  I've got a single rear axle Eagle at my shop now, but my dad and I swore it was 35 feet long, til we measured it.  It's actually 42.5 feet!  I'm thinking the mind is trained to expect 2 axle buses to be 35 footers.

Let me know if you find out it's length.

Todd

Offline coachconverter

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
I guess it's not fair to talk about it and then not show it...

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »
I'm thinking the mind is trained to expect 2 axle buses to be 35 footers.

My RTS is 40' and 2 axles.

cody

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 05:02:24 PM »
I talked to the driver and it's not a 35fter, it's a 1982 model10 with the tag removed, full 40ft model 10, why the tag is removed I don't know but it's smooth sided and the fender is enclosed.

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »
Richard, not Tom but the 10s was produced in the 35ft and 40ft versions beginning in 1982 along with the 40ft version with the boogie axle the model 15 like the one coachconverter owns was also produced in 35ft and 40ft 2 axle versions mostly for motor homes along with 40ft and 45ft with the boogie axle and smooth sides became a option in 1989.Have any of you guys ever saw a model 12 the 35ft 2 axle version of the model 5 Eagle

Offline tomhamrick

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 11:45:22 AM »
Hi Richard, Yes mine is a factory 40 foot single axle model 10S. S is for suburban. The differences from the bogie axle Eagle were the fuel tank was moved from the back to the front bay just behind the the steer wheels. The compartments gained from the loss of the bogie wheels each housed a HVAC condensor compartment/ heat compartment. Each side had a blower that would circulate air over the A/C condensor or the heat radiator. The other thing they had done was to completely close off the center section that would have been between the bogies. I opened this area and placed my black water tank in there. Other than that it is a standard model 10.
Tom Hamrick
Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »
Thanks for the info. I remember seeing one many years ago at an Eagle rally in Quartzite, but had thought they were all 35 footers.

Richard

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal