Author Topic: Is this a stupid idea or not?  (Read 8848 times)

Offline belfert

Re: Is this a stupid idea or not?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 05:08:03 PM »
I'm just going to have the guy do a standard 90 degrees.  I never envisioned this to be like a fancy motorhome.  I have a side aisle so it doesn't look like a bowling alley.

The goal is to be plain and functional so a bunch of dirty guys dragging sand and dirt in won't destroy the interior.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2008, 06:10:10 PM »
Isn't a bus conversion just like a million dollar home? ;)
Ace

Mine is!!!

in my dreams . . . . . .  ;D  :o  ::)
for now anyways. . .

If the price of fuel & scrap go high enough, maybe not so much dreaming  :'(
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 11:06:45 AM »
Guys,

Wow!  Chalk lines and all that measuring and stuff.  I'm impressed!

Did you ever hear what the definition of "precision" was in Civil Service?  That is where you measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk and cut it with an AXE. ;D ;D ;D   Funny, Huh? :P

My definition of a jobber is a guy that does this every day....works fast and has no real connection to the project other than his particular "job".  I understood that you have jobbers and you have craftsmen.  A craftsman can be a jobber but prefers to not be.  A jobber, though highly skilled and experienced, is rarely a craftsman and that doesn't mean his work is shabby in any way.  Guys that do those mega buck projects are usually under a microscope and are really anal about everything.  It is OK with me if this definition morphs as you travel around the country and speaking the same language is sometimes difficult.  If you have been doing this for thirty years I would seek out you advice  for that reason alone.  Then you have people giving testimonials to your knowledge and creativity..sooooo!  Who you are doesn't seem to be up for grabs.  A rose by any other name, and all that. ::) ;D ;D ;D

Chill my brother 8),

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal