Author Topic: Can't get the 6v92 to shut off!  (Read 14506 times)

makemineatwostroke

Re: Can't get the 6v92 to shut off!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »
Bob, you have the standard shut down for a 6v53 even the 07 Eagle with 6v53 uses that system I don't like all the bottons because if they are close you are going to hit the air shut off sometime if it has a botton instead of a coverd switch

Offline Bob Gil

• Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 12:54:34 PM »
OK I will think about that when I mount the button.

But I don't have a air shut off just the solenoid and an 12v clyinder to pull the kill.

I will make sure I don't mount the buttons where they can be easly hit.  I am sure the starter would not need to be engauged if the engine is running either.
Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »
OK I will think about that when I mount the button.

But I don't have a air shut off just the solenoid and an 12v clyinder to pull the kill.

I will make sure I don't mount the buttons where they can be easly hit.  I am sure the starter would not need to be engauged if the engine is running either.

You could use a shrouded button similar to MCI 9 starter buttons.  They have the button surrounded by a metal shield.  You have to push the button down the "well" to activate it. 

I do like covered switches better for things that would do harm or substantial inconveneince.  That way it takes two actions to use the switch making it less likely to be done accidentally.

Offline Chariotdriver

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »
Finally got a chance to look into why I cannot turn off the engine and have not figured it out as of yet.
  I did pull the "master" switch out of the dash to see if a wire broke off and it had not until I messed with it. (one more thing to fix)
 I'm assuming that there is a rely betweem he master and the skinner that actually controls the skinner since the master could not handle that much through it directly. I assume that this is true.
 Got out the prints and tried to run it down but am having problems.
 Any guidance where to look?
 I would like to see if there is a relay stuck in the fromt electrical panel, or the rear panel.
   Steve had offered to walk me through it but I can't find his number.
 Steve with the Marine repair that is.
 Thanks,. Phil
Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS

Offline compedgemarine

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 09:29:17 AM »
hey Phil
my number is 954-270-2628 cell
shop is 706-874-1224
call me this evening and we will run through it
steve

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »
sorry I thought you had a 15

Offline Chariotdriver

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 10:04:29 AM »
sorry I thought you had a 15
  Yes, it's a Model 10, I may have mentioned that it has a 15 front I believe.
 Phil
   Still have not been able to see any "Starter" switch in the rear engine compartment.
 I did see a vertical tube with 2 wires coming out of the top but nothing else that I can see that it does.
 It's located on the right side of the panel in the back.

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS

luvrbus

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
Phil according to a sales invoice I have on a model 10 the rear start was a option for $58.75 so not all will have one

Offline Chariotdriver

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 10:13:02 AM »
Phil according to a sales invoice I have on a model 10 the rear start was a option for $58.75 so not all will have one
A HA!!
 The old "It's and option" trick huh?
 Thanksfor the heads up,..
 Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS

Offline compedgemarine

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 03:18:59 PM »
phil
as I said before when every one mentioned the rear start, mine does not have it, only a starter cut out.
I will try and call you shortly to go over it.
steve

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »
my "15" has the rear starter on  the left (drivers) side just inside the door and mounted on the rear wiring box.  it does have a stop switch and a start button, and it will start regardless of the front switch position (see my embarassing questions last winter).  it does shut off if the front switch is not on as soon as the air builds to about 30 lbs.
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 09:14:15 PM »
my "15" has the rear starter on  the left (drivers) side just inside the door and mounted on the rear wiring box.  it does have a stop switch and a start button, and it will start regardless of the front switch position (see my embarassing questions last winter).  it does shut off if the front switch is not on as soon as the air builds to about 30 lbs.

Tom sounds like yours is like Cody's his will start from the rear with out anything up front on too!  After it was fixed so that it would start from front or rear instead of a screw driver across the terminals on the solenoid! LOL! (ask him and Libby about how I know this sometime! LOL!)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

luvrbus

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »
Tom all Eagle are that way if equipped with factory rear start my 05 is that way, makes you search for a problem when it shuts downs been there and done that after changing fuel filters

Offline Chariotdriver

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 08:14:11 AM »
    Steve at Competitive Edge marine and I looked over the prints and got a plan to check the Skinner valve Relay first to see if it was stuck.
  I pulled the relay #5 at the back electrical panel and never checked with my meter and could never see any control voltage to the relays coil whether the master switch was in the on or off position.
 So I pulled the relay and ohmed it out to see if the coil was burnt out, or if the contact are welded together.
 I pulled another realy next to it to see if it was the same and it was as far as testing it with the meter.

It was,..

I then thought that the 2 relays could be the same unpowered, but the skinner relay could be stuck in the non powered position.
 I swap the 2 relays and it seems that it was the skinner relay was stuck as the other realy allowed me to shut it down with the master.
 Yes, yes!!
 Thanks for all the help and especially Steve for the phone time,..
 Phil
Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS

Offline Chariotdriver

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »
 This is weired.
 I replaced the skinner valve relay in the rear of the bus with a new one and it will not shut off.
 Anyone know of the next relay upstream from here leading to the Master switch ?
 I think with all the talk of power to shut it off, power to keep it from shuttiong it off, I'm kinda confused as to how the
Eagle is wired to work and not sure how to check it out.
 Just thought that I would pull the relay that works the skinner valve relay and troble shoot that one.
 Thanks,
 Phil
Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal