Author Topic: Holy Cow. $3.959 per gallon  (Read 23950 times)

Offline kingfa39

Re: Holy Cow. $3.959 per gallon
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »
i know about the rationing during the war, but the regulting was still in place after the war tell 1979 when Mr Carter deregulized it along with the trucking industry, the folloing day the price at the pump went up from .50  to .75. i do not favor rationing but i think that the oil companies are doing a number on the american public, there is no way they can justify the profits they are making. im tired of being lied to by these people, and its time somebody stood up to them. of course they have piled millions into the republican,s candistaes to help them stay in power. the heath care thing is even worse. sorry if i offended anybody but thats the way i see it
Frank Allen

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 05:56:54 PM »
I have it on good authority that our fuel prices are set by Republicans at secret meetings at Willies Diner in Keosauqa, IA, each and every Wednesday. When we get a good demokrat in office, we will be in tall cotton, with fuel back to where a "working man" can afford it.  Oh, and make the greedy corporations tow the line and the rich pay their fair share.

Larry,

You didn't leave the TV on and maybe a Michael Moore movie was playing while you were sleeping.........LOL   ;D

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 07:36:33 PM »
sorry if i offended anybody but thats the way i see it

You may need to have your prescription updated.....    ;)

BTW, No offense taken   ;D
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline travelingfools

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 09:15:59 PM »
$4.10 on the rezervation back home in western NY...$4.28 in PA where I am tonight. Gas was $3.47...I was hoping Diesel would be under 4 here but no such luck
John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT

Offline LarryN 4106

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 06:30:53 PM »
i know about the rationing during the war, but the regulting was still in place after the war tell 1979 when Mr Carter deregulized it along with the trucking industry, the folloing day the price at the pump went up from .50  to .75. i do not favor rationing but i think that the oil companies are doing a number on the american public, there is no way they can justify the profits they are making. im tired of being lied to by these people, and its time somebody stood up to them. of course they have piled millions into the republican,s candistaes to help them stay in power. the heath care thing is even worse. sorry if i offended anybody but thats the way i see it
Frank Allen

Frank, you seem to have it in for the companies that risk capital to provide us with the fuels we need. You have stated that their profits cannot be "justified" to use your term. Frank, please tell me the profit MARGIN of the "oil companies" you despise. Then, look up the profit MARGIN of any company you DO like. We can continue this conversation. No offense, but you are WAYYYYYY off on where to direct your teeth gnashing. And, it you want free health care, there are countries, not too far away, that will take care of you. Here, it would be UNCONSTITUTIONAL. I challenge you to find providing healthcare in those few duties relegated to the federal government in our constitution. (Perhaps you will point in the direction of that oldie but goodie "provide for the general WELFARE.....").  You are not offending me, Frank, we live in a free country (so far) and should be able to discuss these issues. I would LOVE to see a politician come out and tell me exactly what he intends to do to HELP the oil companies, and HELP the steel companies, and HELP the local Avon lady. One way to help is to stay the hell out of the way.

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 08:11:15 PM »
i just wanted to know what gas and diesel costs?  Does anybody here know that?  i don't care here, about anything but what the prices are?  if you don't know, please take your off topic soapbox somewhere else. 

i got a trip in a week or two.  my last fillip was 4.099 at pilot.  i'm going a little West.  Anybody know if turnpike prices in Indiana are less?

i hope i didn't offend anyone either  :D.

i just watched Sen. Obama.  All the clouds have a silver lining courtesy of the new government to be.  I'll bet the Republicans and Sen McCain can promise at least as well next week.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 08:37:44 PM »
Check out http://www.dieselboss.com/fuel.htm
Click on the icons.

Just finished a 9,000 mile trip.  Fuel is coming down.
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline LarryN 4106

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 05:15:12 AM »
i just wanted to know what gas and diesel costs?  Does anybody here know that?  i don't care here, about anything but what the prices are?  if you don't know, please take your off topic soapbox somewhere else. 

i got a trip in a week or two.  my last fillip was 4.099 at pilot.  i'm going a little West.  Anybody know if turnpike prices in Indiana are less?

i hope i didn't offend anyone either  :D.

i just watched Sen. Obama.  All the clouds have a silver lining courtesy of the new government to be.  I'll bet the Republicans and Sen McCain can promise at least as well next week.

Here in SW MO.....diesel is about $3.88, car gas is about 3.30

Offline ktmossman

• 2006 MCI J4500
    • Making the Drive
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 06:52:12 AM »
Don't you worry... Just a few more months and the 'Messiah' will be anointed and he will fix it all.  The Dems plan so far:

1. 'Tax' the oil companies -- so they can pass that tax on to us at the pump.
2. Make more oil fields off limits -- that always brings the price down.
3. Enact more environmental regulations -- so it costs the oil companies more to produce the fuel (at a slower rate), so they can pass that cost on to us at the pump.

Am I missing something here?  I have yet to see a single Dem proposal that would lower the price of fuel one penny.

Of course, Obama is the one that thinks removing the federal fuel tax (some 20+ cents per gallon) is a gimmick, but punishing the profits of the oil companies (which, if eliminated, would lower the price less than 10 cents per gallon) is a solution.

Remember, the group making the biggest "profit" from the price of a gallon of fuel is the govt.  Wonder which party has been most responsible for increased fuel taxes...hmmmm?
Kevin Mossman
2006 MCI J4500
Dallas, TX

van

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 01:00:51 PM »
Headed to reno tomorrow and then on to pocatella prices any one?

Thanks

Van

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 01:36:01 PM »
Check out http://www.dieselboss.com/fuel.htm

Click on the icons and check out todays prices on your route.
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 02:29:52 PM »
$3.859 today 8/29/08
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 08:07:16 AM »
 ;)
Diesel = $3.799 today 9/3/08
Gasoline = $3.299
 :-\
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

Offline belfert

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 08:28:41 AM »
I was really worried about diesel prices for getting home from my trip.  I was shocked to see when I gopt home that oil prices fell below $110 even as a hurricane hit the gulf.  I paid $3.93 in Emporia, KS.  It looks like I will pay about $3.99 when I fill up tonight.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline kingfa39

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 09:29:24 PM »
Larry n  what i have a problem with is how the oil companies can gouge us so badly and make unheard of profits while the entire country suffers for it and people think this is ok, this is unbelivable to me. i did not say there is a fuel shortage, there infact is none so again how can they justify the profits??? i guess if a guy has plenty of money and can afford to give it away its no problem. gasoline is very cheap to refine, diesel is even cheaper, and how is it they can sell fuel to mexico who in turn sells it to there people much cheaper?? I just dont think this practice is right. The airlines are going broke as are the big three auto makers, everything in this country is going up because of this fuel, and yes i have it in for the oil companies because of all i have said here. free enterprise is one thing, total domination is another, it is nessasary to keep these giants incheck
Frank Allen 4106

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal