Author Topic: Going get my bus in Duluth MN. Forgot to ask this earlier....re: bus garage  (Read 3589 times)

Offline zubzub

• '53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.
    • pics of my bus etc....
I could probably find this out by going to the local bus station, but if anyone knows of a decent bus garage in the area could you let me know.  I probably won't be online much but I'll check this in a few days.  I guess any info re a big truck scrap yard may be helpful as well.
Ciao and thanks, Patrick.

Offline Fredward

• 2000 Country Coach Magna (not a bus)
Patrick,
Where are you coming from and where are you going? We have an excellent private shop in the Mpls/St Paul area: C&J Bus. The owner JD is very helpful and knowledgeable and been in the bus biz for a long time. Craig Shepard, Brian Diehl and I all have used him in the past and I buy most my parts from him. He is kind of biased toward MCI but still fairly objective.

Regarding truck grave yards there is a pretty good one up in Rogers which is on the NW side of the Mpls/St Paul area - Glens Truck Repair and Salvage.

Call me if you want 612-801-4826.
Fred
Fred Thomson

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Patrick,
Where are you coming from and where are you going? We have an excellent private shop in the Mpls/St Paul area: C&J Bus. The owner JD is very helpful and knowledgeable and been in the bus biz for a long time. Craig Shepard, Brian Diehl and I all have used him in the past and I buy most my parts from him. He is kind of biased toward MCI but still fairly objective.

Regarding truck grave yards there is a pretty good one up in Rogers which is on the NW side of the Mpls/St Paul area - Glens Truck Repair and Salvage.

Fred

Fred,
JD even takes time to answer calls from us "good ol' boys" in the south and answer all our questions! Great source of info & parts! Have yet to make it and meet him, but I will soon! I am planning on coming up in the very near future and picking up all of Paul's leftovers! ;D  BK  ;D

SOON Paul, SOON! I am going to come by myself if I can't get dad to set a date to come with me! I want to make it before the end of the month!
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
Patrick,

Fred

Fred,
JD even takes time to answer calls from us "good ol' boys" in the south and answer all our questions! Great source of info & parts! Have yet to make it and meet him, but I will soon! I am planning on coming up in the very near future and picking up all of Paul's leftovers! ;D  BK  ;D

SOON Paul, SOON! I am going to come by myself if I can't get dad to set a date to come with me! I want to make it before the end of the month!

Bryce, I'm only an hour north of Paul, so let me know when you are planning on coming up as I would love to meet you!  If you had time I would love to show off my powertrain swap as well.

-Brian

Offline belfert

I want to meet Bryce too, but I'll be busy the rest of this month.  Maybe Bryce won't make it this month so there is only this week and next left.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Busted Knuckle

Quote from: Brian Diehl
Bryce, I'm only an hour north of Paul, so let me know when you are planning on coming up as I would love to meet you!  If you had time I would love to show off my powertrain swap as well.

-Brian

That would be awesome! I followed your swap very intensely (some days I wanted to email or call you and ask you "can't ya get a little more done faster" LOL! As it was very painful waiting for the next update! You have done an awesome job, and the documentation of it just makes it so much more impressive!

Quote from: belfert
I want to meet Bryce too, but I'll be busy the rest of this month.  Maybe Bryce won't make it this month so there is only this week and next left.

You funny Belfert! Very funny! I believe we met once before! LOL!
But yes it would be cool to maybe have a small getogether of busnuts while I'm up there! I'd like to make it where I can be up there on a week day so I can swing by and meet JD also!

;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline bubbaqgal

Bryce, were those stories you told us about Belfert  all from a dream you had?  Did him speeding out of your pit bay really happen?  LOL
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline belfert

I still have the broken extension cord somewhere from leaving it plugged in while pulling out of BK's garage.  Is that proof enough of having been there?
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Fredward

• 2000 Country Coach Magna (not a bus)
Sure,
Why not. Lets have a parts picking party with Bryce. Be sure to come up before January.
Fred
Fred Thomson

Offline Busted Knuckle

I still have the broken extension cord somewhere from leaving it plugged in while pulling out of BK's garage.   Is that proof enough of having been there?
;D
PULLING OUT OF THE GARAGE @ 45 MPH FROM A DEAD STOP AT THAT!  The black marks still show when the floor is clean enough! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
 ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal