Author Topic: looking for a bus as usual  (Read 7371 times)

Offline circusboy90210

• Chat Banned
looking for a bus as usual
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:41:59 AM »
 this time I have more money, Can anyone tell me good places to find busses around the Las Vegas area good places to find busses for conversion?? I whant one before next spring or at least by

Dallas

Re: looking for a bus as usual
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 06:51:57 AM »
What kind are you looking for?

If I were looking for an all around heavy hauler, I'd talk to Patrick Young, and grab one of his Crown Super Coaches.

If you want a great shell or a complete coach or anything in between, Talk to Mike. Just Click on the MAK Bus Sales Ad up above.

Dallas

Offline darrenayres

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 07:06:41 AM »
I agree with Dallas. Mike is the man to talk to. I'm in Florida and I'm frequently tempted to buy one of his buses and I don't even need one! Mike, I'm sure glad you're a continent away! ;)

Darren

Offline TomC

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 07:30:57 AM »
In my opinion the MCI 102C3 is the best all around bus available.  It is 102 wide (that 6" makes a big difference-so a slide isn't really necessary) and the ceiling is 6'10" (high enough where you don't need a roof raise and could drop a false ceiling to run roof ducted A/C.  Personally, I just like the old fashion hang down defuser-then the rest of the ceiling is as high as possible).  These buses are not to old, can still get parts for them, come standard with a Detroit 6V-92TA with some having the 8V-92TA, and even some that have been converted to Cat C12, Cummins ISL, or even Series 50 or 60.   Mike has some good 102C3's in the $25-35,000 mark.  A little higher than some want to pay, but you'll thank yourself many times once you own it.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline circusboy90210

• Chat Banned
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 08:47:05 PM »
its' funny that I've been coming to this site for quite a while but I'm still considered a newbie

Offline bigtim44

• Red buses go faster!
    • big red bus conversion
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 10:57:09 PM »
Bought my 102A3 from MAK,great price ,great bus. ;D
Basalt Colorado
1986 TMC 102A3,6V92,Auto 740,conversion in progress.
http://redbusconversion.blogspot.com/

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 07:21:16 AM »
Doesn't matter how many times you visit the site. You must make a total of 50 posts before you lose the newbie status.
Richard

8 to go.

its' funny that I've been coming to this site for quite a while but I'm still considered a newbie

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Ncbob

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 11:09:43 AM »
I was close to becoming a Full Member when I changed my status and had to start all over again.  I'm not complaining. :D

But then, perhaps status is more important to some people than others...... ;)

We even have some members, who are normally docile, congeniel people who are concerned about how soon they're going to be elevated to "Hero" status.

And I really thought we all put our pants on ...one leg at a time.  So far I've not met any "Prima Donna's" on this board. ;)

"Can't we just all get along?"

Bob

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:13:45 AM »
Who says we are not getting along? Besides I have always hated seeing somebody getting ahead of me. LOL
Richard

499 and counting.

I was close to becoming a Full Member when I changed my status and had to start all over again.  I'm not complaining. :D

But then, perhaps status is more important to some people than others...... ;)

We even have some members, who are normally docile, congeniel people who are concerned about how soon they're going to be elevated to "Hero" status.

And I really thought we all put our pants on ...one leg at a time.  So far I've not met any "Prima Donna's" on this board. ;)

"Can't we just all get along?"

Bob
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Ncbob

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 12:23:21 PM »
Oh, no.....I'll leave that one alone! ;D

Bob

Offline jachael

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 09:41:09 PM »
If your still looking for a bus in the Las Vegas area you should see Gary Bennett at B&B Coachworks in Las Vegas, he does bus conversions in his shop and has an inventory of busses for sale. B&B Coachworks is listed under "LINKS" on the Bus Conversions wed site.

Hope this helps, Jerry
Jerry
Pahrump, NV
67 Eagle 01

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal