Author Topic: Just got my MC9 home....indicator light on console that says 'heat' keeps.....  (Read 1376 times)

Offline ilyafish

• I am Alpha and Omega
going off.

At first it would turn on for about 2 seconds, and then go off for like 30 or so, then the interval kept getting smaller and now it just stays on.....what does this mean?  At first i thought this was referring to engine temperature, but the coolant temperature gauge reads normal.

Any help would be appreciated.  I know it sounds like a simple no brainer question, but i guess you could call me a noobie haha
Own: 1981 MCI MC9 w/
Veggie Oil Conversion
Live:  Flemington, NJ

1 Corinthians 9:19-22

Offline Hi yo silver

Iminaccess,
That light just means your coach heat is in the heat mode.  If you turn down the rheostat on the panel to the driver's left, the light should go out.  When you turn it clockwise to a higher temperature setting the light will come on.  To turn the heat off in the driver's area, turn the valve handle under the panel to the vertical position.  You'll find the info in the owner's manual.  If you don't have that and a maintenance manual, you need to find them.  There are both a big help.  If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask here.  I just hope you can come up with a dumb question that hasn't been asked, because most of them have already been asked here; some of 'em by me!

Good luck,
Dennis   
Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal